Chapter 43: Skin Deep

There, Taehyung walked with such a smile over his face. The boy wore a striped dress shirt tucked into his loose slacks and white Gucci low-top shoes. "Good morning, Jimin! Mr. Yoshida has brought you another gift for the day~ you lust be a lucky guy!" Taehyung's voice didn't sound as if he faked the glee to his tone and his smile didn't come off odd at all! Taehyung was physically hurt and only heaven knew how bad things were deep within. "Mr. Yoshida will also like it if you could go out and have dinner with him tonight. He really wants to take this relationship to the next level or so he says." As Taehyung mentioned that, Jimin felt a chill down his spine just hearing those words alone.

        "No… I'm not going with him." Jimin answered and tried to find a way to reach the deep conversation through this. "I have a boyfriend already."

         "C-Certainly it's not a sin for you to go out with Seung-Woo for once… Right? The man means well Jimin! You h-have to go with him… Your father says-" Taehyung was suddenly interrupted once Jimin shook his head with a serious look plastered over his face.

         "I don't care what my father says anymore. I'm my own person and I don't need my father threatening me to go on dates with that man. Thanks for letting me know." Jimin shot back. Noticing how worried Taehyung grew once Jimin refused. "Taehyung, are you okay?"

        "O-Of course I am! Jimin, let's talk this out… You don't want to go out on a date with Seung-Woo? You should! He's an amazing man! A gentleman and let alone, a caring and respectful one as well!" Taehyung claimed. Practically begging Jimin to go on a date with his boss. "You won't regre-"

          "Taehyung… What happened to your eye?" Jimin suddenly asked and silenced the man. "Talk to me, I'm here for you."

         "Jimin, your modeling photos have been posted onto the website and tonight, the commercial will air after a drama!" Taehyung changed the conversation so quickly and this left Jimin to scoff to himself and shake his head. "Jimin?"

         "Jungkook didn't hurt you before… Didn't he? I had a talk with him and he told me he has never met you before. I don't have evidence but, Jungkook was clueless when he heard your name." Jimin continued. Watching Taehyung nervously find ways to recover from this. "Taehyung… Who's hurting you? It's obviously not Jungkook and don't say Jungkook gave you that black eye… I was with him all day yesterday and all morning." Jimin testified, watching Taehyung grow speechless.

          "I-I…" The boy was quiet even after stuttering. He didn't know what to say or do now and it bothered him that he couldn't say anything else but just stand there in complete silence. "I don't know what you're talking about… n-no one hurts me…" Taehyung promised, but Jimin just couldn't believe him even once. "I did this to myself…" Everything the boy told Jimin, always seemed to sound as if he lied to Jimin once again.

         "So you punched yourself in the eye? Taehyung, I wasn't born yesterday! Please, you don't have to go through this alone… Talk to me…" Jimin begged. Watching Taehyung look away and hover one hand over his swollen eye. "Tell me who's hurting you… is it… Mr. Yoshida?" Jimin asked and that's what made Taehyung begin to sob to himself. "Did he tell you to pin all the pain on Jungkook? To frame him just so I could break up with him?" Jimin asked Taehyung and got up before walking towards the younger just to hold his hands into his. "You can talk to me… I won't tell anyone what he put you through… Let me help you."

        "N-No… no… y-you don't understand!"

        "Is he holding you against your own will? Are you getting blackmailed?" Questioned Jimin, yet, he didn't realize how much this weighed Taehyung down. "I want you to talk to me.."