Chapter 12: Peaceful... isn't it?

There the man with the Oni mask stood. Standing almost at the same place as before while Jimin's eyes remained staring at the red eyes of the mask. Leaving him frozen as he gripped onto the briefcase. The man then got off the motorcycle as rain danced over his clothes. “Well, well, well…” Spoke the man in his deep and scary voice that called out to Jimin as if his nightmares were just painted before him. “It's funny to run into you at the same place again!”

         “W-What's your obsession with me…? Why do you target me?” Jimin sputtered in fear and watched how the man dropped his gaze to the man and hid his hands behind his back. “L-Let me go… I'm late for work!”

         “Aren't you...worried about your limbs, your hair, or your money? You just care about work? You aren't scared I might stab you with a knife and leave you bleeding in the rain?”

          “H-Honestly… H-How aren't you sick from this constant weather already?” Jimin asked. Hearing the man scoff into his deep voice and step closer; having Jimin pushed against the wall from fear. As the man in the mask stood closer, he rose his hand and caressed the side of Jimin's face before his other hand pulled out a fake, red, rose. “I-I… I don't want it…” Abruptly weeped the man just against the same brick wall.

          “Why not?”

          “Why… Why are you giving me this?” Jimin asked and could barely hear his own voice over the pouring rain assisted with his heart pounding in fear.

           “Peace treaty. I am surrendering and I will no longer come to hurt you anymore.” Promised the Oni as Jimin's gaze locked onto the rose and then back to the man. “I won't chase you in the rain or hurt you. Oh, you really do like getting on my nerves when I see you around. But, don't sweat it.” The Oni mentioned and set the rose just behind Jimin's ear before he turned around and walked towards the motorcycle. “Keep that bat… Don't throw it away unless you want me chasing after you to keep it in your place. No strings attached, understood? As long as you keep that bat, I won't kill you.”

            Jimin however, was speechless over the fact that the man was no longer trying to chase after him. It left Jimin happy yet, somewhat afraid that the Oni let him off so easily. As he watched the man sit over his motorcycle, he glanced back at Jimin; still standing in fear. “This is the last time you'll see me.” The way the man put his words sounded as if he was forced to put away his acts of chasing after Jimin just to scare him. Or at least, that was what Jimin believed.

        After a long day of work after, Jimin kept the fake rose at the corner of his office desk where he stared at it in fear. No matter how nice the man must have came off, he still struck fear in Jimin and left him cupping his face at the memory. When he arrived at work earlier, he found his car keys at the top of the desk as he was left in his wet outfit of course, the man was made fun of and Jimin owed it all to Jihyun. Jihyun was the real reason as to why he had to face the pouring rain along with the man on the motorcycle; the Oni who still haunted Jimin's dreams. It was like his fear still walked around in his mind and Jimin just couldn't trust the gang leader on how he promised to leave the man alone so suddenly.

         Jimin stayed overtime for being late as his head leaned back against the office chair he sat over. It was around 8:46 PM at the office as Jimin let out a sigh just staying all alone. Waiting to assist anyone who called to work with the company. “I have a date in fourteen minutes… I have to go now…” Jimin thought in his head and eyed the clock ahead. “This time I have my car, I could close up early for the night.” Jimin whispered to himself until he finally had it in him to stand up and stretch his legs. Eventually, Jimin picked up the fake rose the man gave him and cut it up with the scissors over his own trash can. As Jimin cut up the rose, he felt more relieved just getting the fake rose out of his sight; constantly reminding him the awful encounter.