Chapter 2: A Devilish Prince

As Jimin kept his hands fixed onto the black and elegant letter, he inspected the number six written in the fine gold ink; in which, wasn't actual gold in Jimin's eyes. The young man laid on his bed and smiled as he continued to think of the nightclub he had to attend on Friday. “Father might tease me when I get home late… Calling me lazy and unsuccessful. I graduated college, what does he want from me?” Jimin whispered to himself and picked up a white remote to switch on the red lights to his room. Just above the ceiling light, was a Bluetooth speaker where he could play any song he wanted as if this was his own club as well. “That old man loves to tease me… and bother me..”

           As Jimin laid over the bed to set the letter over his own eyes, he was suddenly interrupted with the sound of his bedroom door swinging open so briskly. This left Jimin to pull the letter over his eyes, down to gaze at the doorway where his younger brother stood; Park Jihyun. Park Jihyun was the perfect son in his father's eyes and as well as his mother. He still attended college and he went after the goal of sitting at his father's office chair as if it was a throne. Park Jihyun was a tall, young, and an intelligent student that made himself look like an upgrade compared to Jimin in academics. There the boy stood with his red, turtleneck sweater, blue jeans and white sneakers as his strands of hair were never dyed to keep a more professional style. Everything Jimin had, Jihyun didn't and that was so he could be taken seriously.

            Jimin had piercings in a few places; his ears, his nipples, he had his hair dyed in many shades of colors and now it was pink. The man went clubbing almost every friday, had many relationships before, but Jihyun did not. The younger brother chose to date no one and focus on his work, stayed home to study instead of partying every friday compared to Jimin. The two brothers were extremely different.

            “Get out…” Jimin whispered and gawked at his younger brother who invaded his space.

            “Happy birthday, Jimin! I'm not going anywhere, father told me to give you a job as a gift and I think I could hook you up to one. How do you feel about being an accountant? Secretary?” Jihyun asked his brother and watched Jimin groan and turn his head away. “Come on… we only want to help! Very soon, you'll have to support a family of your own, Jimin.”

            “I don't want to stress about anything yet! I want to live the youth I didn't have before. I was so hooked up on the fact that I had to go to college and study hard, what now? I don't want to focus on that yet…” Jimin found himself confessing his issues to his younger brother and this left Jihyun with his left brow raised.

           “Life isn't easy, big brother. You need to work hard to get that lifestyle. Freedom is given to you when you're in diapers and the only way you can get it back, is to buy it this time.” Jihyun stated and that's when the young man dropped his gaze onto the letter Jimin held. “What's that?”

           “Invitation… For me! Don't get any ideas.”

          “Let me see it or else you're lying. I want proof!” Uttered the younger as Jimin finally sighed and handed the letter over to his nosy brother. By there, Jihyun's eyes blinked and held out his phone to shine the flashlight over the letter to read it. Not really liking the red filtered light in Jimin's room. “Ah, Jimin… Get yourself some clear lights… You're such a child.” Murmured Jihyun before staring at the letter to read and scan through it. “A nightclub… So you've been invited to finally do something that will benefit the company? That's a game changer right there.” Teased Jihyun as he let out a chuckle. “I can see why they chose you other than me. I'm not such a party animal like you!”

           “Alright… Shut up and give it back. They offered me the invitation since I'm the oldest! You can’t even afford to switch onto underwear. You're still getting potty trained.”