Chapter 17: Face To Face

Jimin limped down the steps. Half of him wanted to drive through the rain for once just so he could have the advantage of finding the leader of the gang. Stopping in front of him just to confront him. Jungkook must have been scarred the day he watched his own brother get brutally murdered in front of his eyes and thinking about it, scared Jimin. Jimin knew this haunted his boyfriend and since the gang leader promised that he wouldn't hurt Jimin, the man had the power to confront him. Jimin decided it was better to sit around and finally leave the house once the rain was to take over.

         Jimin finally made it to the first floor as he looked around and his gaze fixed over to the backyard where he noticed the pool had on a cover to protect the water from the rain. Jimin eyed the backyard and awaited until the rainstorm would kick in. The man believed he was going to do the right thing. He wanted to find the man responsible and tell him everything and how much pain haunted Jungkook after. Knowing well that the Oni wouldn't hurt him. But if he had plans to, Jimin wasn't going to be a fragile person towards him. Jimin was capable of self defense and was courageous towards the masked gang leader.

           Jimin sat by the table within the dining room. The table had a unique ocean decorated tablecloth along with dolphin figurines at the center. Jimin was seated over a white cushioned seat to the table that also held a plate of his leftovers he ate from the night before. Over his white plate, Jimin had three barbecue ribs, leftovers of the spicy, hot, kimchi stew with hot white rice. After the meal, rain began to pour as Jimin was finally beginning to hesitate but only now, he realized what he had to do. All to avenge Jungkook and turn the gang member in.

          Jimin limped out of the house and locked the door behind him. Wearing the same clothes he wore for the date yesterday. Jimin buttoned up the black dress shirt as he finally dropped into his seat and sat down. Staring up ahead and thinking what to do now. “I'll drive home, get the bat, then drive around and if I see him, I'll pull my car right by and walk the best I can.” Jimin planned as he then took out his car key to turn it and start the ignition. Jimin was determined of this and wasn't going to let Jungkook suffer any longer deep down.

         As Jimin began to drive. The rain fell against the windshields as he had to wipe them off repeatedly. Jungkook had rather hoped Jimin would stay so he would be safe when it rains instead of speeding down the wet streets. Jungkook was just afraid of losing someone again and it showed. He tried his best to keep Jimin in his place and even thought of coming back home from work during the rain so they could spend it together. Jimin adored Jungkook but, he cared too much to see him hide the issues that made Jungkook hide his brother’s death like it was nothing.

          Jimin drove through the rainstorm and would be reaching home very soon. Jimin thought of reaching home and taking the bat into his hands to threaten the man into telling him why he would kill someone someone. Of course, Jimin was thinking too much into this but he believed that the issue of Jungkook never finding the man who killed his brother, caused him to feel so broken and scattered inside. Jimin could only imagine the pain he had to endure every year knowing that his brother was killed before him and there was nothing he could do.

          Before he knew it, Jimin finally reached home. The rain was still pouring rough. Jimin reached his house as he got out the car and ran up the steps to the porch. Next, he proceeded to knock on the door until he got an answer. Seconds after, the door finally pulled open and there stood his brother with his usual glare and teasing smirk. Already knowing where Jimin has been. “Would you look at that…”

         “Jihyun, don't…” Jimin spoke as the younger let out a scoff and stepped back to let Jimin inside.

          “Coming home from staying overnight at your last dick appointment?” Jihyun told Jimin as the older cleared his throat and looked back at the young man. “Look at you, limping as always… Are we ever going to meet your mysterious suitor? Let me guess… He's an old man tha-”