~Thirty-nine~

(Previous chapter)

"I-it's Jin..."

————————————————————————
(Author's P.O.V)

Namjoon's face held all the emotions that he was feeling as he sat down on a chair in the waiting room.

Pain, worry, and betrayed.

Okay, mostly worried.

His hands were wrapped up in bandages that were stained with blood and they grabbed fistfuls of his violet locks as tears fell down his cheeks.

"W-why Jin?" He sobbed out, his hands moving away from his hair to cover his face.

"Why couldn't you have told me?"

————————————————————————
(Time skip)

Jimin and Jungkook arrived at the hospital a few minutes later...

Looking over the plain, white waiting area, Jimin saw Namjoon in the corner of his eye with his face buried into his hands as his shoulders shook violently. Jungkook tightened his hold on Jimin's hand, making the older male look back at his lover. The younger male shot him a worried look, a pout evident on his lips as he watched the heartbreaking scene.

Jimin bit his lip as he looked back at Namjoon and then back to Jungkook. Jimin sighed deeply and walked over to the crying male, tugging Jungkook along with him by his hand.

The two males stood in front of Namjoon, who didn't notice the presence of them as he cried softly into his hands. Jimin tapped his shoulder and the male lifted his head up from his hands, his eyes swollen and his cheeks and the tip of his nose wore the same color of red on them.

"J-jimin...oh! an-and Jungkook...." Namjoon spoke as if he wasn't crying literally 5 seconds ago, trying to hide his pain as he stood up from the chair. Jimin looked at him warily and let go of Jungkook's hand as he pulled the taller male into a hug. Namjoon teared up, but blinked them away as he tried to pull away from the hug.

"J-jimin...please, I-" Namjoon began speaking, but was interrupted by Jimin.

"I know you're not fine, so don't try to lie to me..." Jimin mumbled as he hugged Namjoon tighter.

And that's when Namjoon broke down.

A broken sob went past his lips as he embraced Jimin just as tightly, burying his face into the crook of Jimin's neck as his bandaged hands gripped his shoulders.

"I-I c-couldn't....I-I'm so fucking sorry..." Namjoon sobbed out as he blubbered out words.

Jimin patted his back and slowly broke the hug as he kept Namjoon an arm's length away from him.

"Hyung, what happened?" Jimin asked as he wiped away Namjoon's tears.

Namjoon coughed and sniffled softly as he tried to calm himself down, smiling briefly at Jungkook who began to rub comforting circles on his lower back. Namjoon took a shaky breath and looked into Jimin's eyes with such pain that Jimin couldn't help but to tear up.