Adventure #14: Part 2: Uncle Xander

Start from the beginning

  "Should I get him?" I asked.

  "If you don't mind." She said.

  I nodded. "I'll be right back." I said leaving the room once again.

  I hurried downstairs and towards the kitchen. Before walking in I took a deep breathe and put on a smile.

  "Good morning!" Dexter said when he saw me.

  "I was just getting our breakfast ready." Iris said looking at me.

  "Thanks." I said then looked over at Xander. "Hey Xander I was wondering if you could help me with something."

  "Sure." He said getting up from his barstool. "What's up?"

  "I need help moving something. Come on." I said.

  Xander and I left the kitchen and when we reached the stairs he grabbed my wrist and stopped me. "What's wrong? You don't need help with anything so what is what you really want to tell me?" He asked.

  I turned and looked at him. "Just come on. I promise you'll be happy when you see who's waiting for you in my room." I said giving him a small smile.

  He nodded still confused and we hurried up the stairs. I started to worry about the way Xander was going to react when Dakota told him she was pregnant. Honestly I don't know what to expect from him.

  I stopped outside my bedroom door. "Before we go in I want you to promise you will be on your best behavior. No matter what." I said.

  "I promise." He said.

  I opened my bedroom door and walked in holding the door open for him to step in. I closed it when he was inside.

  "So who exactly am I suppose to be happy about seeing?" She asked looking at my empty room.

  "Surprise." Dakota said walking out of my bathroom.

  Xander looked shocked at first but then ran towards her an gave her a hug. It was honestly the cutest thing ever and he looks so happy to see his sister.

  "What are you doing here?" He asked her.

  Her smile faltered. "Lets sit down yeah." She said.

  She lead him towards my bed and sat him down. I stood behind her looking at him and pleading him with my eyes to behave.

  "Something is wrong isn't it?" He asked me.

  "I have to tell you something Xander but I need you to promise not to overreact." Dakota said.

  "Why do both of you think I'm going to overreact to whatever news you have?" He asked chuckling.

  "Well it's kind of huge news." She said.

  "Just tell me." Xander said.

  Dakota turned and looked at me worried.

  I gave her a smile. "I'm here. Go ahead. Tell him." I said.

  "You two are starting to worry me. Are you okay Dakota? Are mom and dad okay?" He asked.

  "They're fine." She said. "Look Xander I haven't even told Keith yet this but...I'm pregnant. Xander I'm pregnant." She said.

  I could tell Xander was about to get worked up so I shot him a look saying to stop or I would kick his ass. He seemed to relax a bit and took a deep breath.

  "Umm...wow." He said.

  Dakota started tearing up. "I didn't realize it till last night. I...I kind of had a break down about it in a gas station restroom and called Lolly." Dakota said. "She drove there and calmed me down and...oh my gods Xan what am I going to do?"