I walked over to Emma looking for some answers.

"Emma," I said,

"Yes?" She smiled.

"Why did he stop crying? He couldn't have known it was his mother, I mean he was just born. I don't understand." I admit.

"When the baby is growing inside a mother, they can hear everything. The mothers' voice becomes a familiar voice." Emma said.

"Oh," I said, "So baby can hear me?" I asked.

"Why no right now, but it can soon!" She said, "May I?" She asked holding out her hands.

"By all means," I answered.

She rested her hands on my stomach.

"Your baby is supposed to be the size on a pea at the moment," Emma said.

"Good to know," I said, "Thank you," I said.

Eliza smiled down to the baby as a knock on the door came.

"Come in." Said Emma with a smile.

In came Philip, Tommy, Ange, and Angelica.

My guess is Angelica's son and husband felt like they weren't needed there.

Which I understand, I just hope they will pop in later to see Eliza and her newborn son.

I stood by Philip as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"In a few months we'll be here with our baby." He said.

"We won't be in the hospital if we don't need to be," I said.

"So you would have the baby at home?" Philip asked.

"Yes, like most women, Philip," I said, "Didn't your mother deliver at home?" I asked.

"When my siblings were born pops sent me to the park or to the neighbors' house till the baby was born," Philip told me as we watched the young baby boy wrap his little fingers around Eliza's hand.

"Eliza," Emma said politely, "We must bathe the baby. When your ready, of course."

Eliza nodded before leaving a small kiss on his head.

"Be still, love." Eliza said as Emma took the baby, Eliza faintly waved goodbye to the infant.

Emma held the baby over the bowl of water as Madeleine washed the child.

At first, the baby wiggled around in Emma's grasp but at Emma and Madeleine made happy faces at him he stayed still.

Madeleine cut the umbilical cord. Quickly the baby erupted with tears.

"Oh yes, poor little boy, bet that hurt didn't it?" Emma said cooing at the baby.

Emma slowly struggled to clothe the baby by wrapping it in a white little blanket and put a blue hat on its head.

Madeleine calmly shushed the baby as she scooped him up. She then handed Eliza's new born son to her open arms.

Emma picked up the child, walking back over to Eliza handing her the baby.

Eliza smiled as she gazed down at the bundle of her baby.

I grabbed Philip's hand and pulled him out of the room. I tugged are his arm lightly, leading him to a nurse.

"Ma'am," I called, "Is there any news about Alexander Hamilton?"

"I haven't heard much, but I'll go to his room and check for you, ma'am." She smiled as she turns to walk into a room that I can only presume is Alexander's.