Chapter 25

(Hello! This is the author from the future! So I made a big do do mistake. But that okay! I don't think I can change it without confusing past readers if that makes since. Just know Alexander Hamilton's last child was born in June 1 or 2 ["big" debate about that] 1802. Alexander died 1804. Oops? Google made it sound differently...)

__________
Y/N
______________
six hours later
______________

Eliza sweat, grunted, and cried as she squeezed my hand.

"Not yet, Eliza, the baby isn't ready yet," Madeleine said.

"Well, tell it to be ready." Eliza said, "I'm never having another baby," Eliza muttered.

"That is what you said last time," Emma said with a giggle.

"I mean it this time," Eliza said waving her pointer finger around, "The next baby will by Y/N and Philip's baby, not mine," Eliza said.

"You're pregnant?" Madeleine asked.

"Newly, I found out today actually," I told them.

"You'll have to talk to Mother Rebecca, she'll get you all home visits set up till the birth," Emma said.

"Parden?" I asked.

"Well, we as midwives, need to make sure that the baby and the mother are doing well tell the baby is born," Madeleine told me.

"Oh," I said, the more I thought about it, the more it made since. I remember when ma was pregnant and there always was this lady coming to visit every few months. She always smelled like vanilla, and—as a child— I loved it.

"I should tell that to Philip."

"Why, would he not be alright with the visit?" Emma asked.

"The other way around. He probably would say he wants to be there for it." I said, giggling.

"He can be there, as far as I know," Emma said. Emma had a British accent. Once when Emma left to use the outhouse, I asked Eliza about her. She had told me she was born there but, her father was a blue coat. He was a spy, he took his pregnant wife along and she spent three years living there before the war ended and they moved to New York.

"Oh, how sweet," Madeleine said.

Eliza grunted in pain once more. Emma looked at Eliza under the blanket to look for a tiny little head.

"Well chew me up and serve me a tomato, Eliza a baby you want and a baby you'll have. Get ready Eliza, the baby is coming." Emma said with a smile.

I kneeled down to Eliza's bedside, I held her hand as she squeezed the color out from my hand.

Eliza's brow was drenched in sweat.

"Alright, Eliza push!" Madeleine said with gloves on Emma and her hands.

I spoke to Eliza with calming words.

Not long after, over Eliza's cries, a new cry echoed throw the room.

"It's a boy!" Madeleine said as Emma cooed at the baby boy waving at him.

Madeleine went to hand over the baby as Eliza held out her hands.

The baby cried as Eliza held the pale bloody child. The moment when Eliza held the baby close to her chest, the little baby stop crying at once.

I was confused, why did the baby stop crying when Eliza held it? Did it know she was his mother? He couldn't have, he wasn't even an hour old.