Veintitres

Karina Russo
The sunlight peeked through the window, as my eyes fluttered open. The events of last night settling in my mind.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I looked down to realize my naked body was covered by a white sheet.

Lorenzo was laying next to me, he looked so peaceful as he breathed.

I couldn't believe we actually had sex last night. I remember everything so clearly and I remember that it was me who pulled the first move. Thinking about last night actually brought a smile to my face. I must be going crazy.

I reached over to grab my phone and saw the time.
3:46pm

As I put my phone down, Lorenzo began to stir in his sleep. He slowly opened his eyes and gave me a lazy smile.

I gave him an awkward smile and quickly ran to the bathroom and shut the door. I know I'm acting immaturely but I am not ready to face him.

I leaned on the door and closed my eyes, but all of the flashbacks of last night came rushing back.

I made my way to the sink and quickly brushed my teeth. I ran my fingers through my hair to look more presentable.

"Karina." I heard his deep voice from the other side of the door as he knocked.

I took a deep breathe and mustered up the courage to respond.

"Yeah?" I whispered.

"Are you okay?" I could hear him holding back a laugh.

I took another deep breathe as I slid on a silk robe.

I slowly opened the door and made my way out of the bathroom.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I said as I looked everywhere but his eyes.

"You kinda ran out of the bed once you saw I was awake." he grinned.

"I needed to pee." I lied.

He gave me a raised eyebrow and made his way to the bathroom. After a couple minutes, he walked out with boxers on.

"Okay well I'm going to take a shower." I said as my eyes lingered a little longer on his V-line.

"Can I join?" he smirked as he slowly made his way closer to me.

My mind was clouded and all I could think about was last night. The way he pulled my hair and left kisses all over my body. The X-rated images making me blush as they played over and over in my mind.

"What is it, Angel?" he whispered in my ear. His minty breathe made me get goosebumps all over and I had to shut my eyes to regain composure.

"I..." I tried to say something, anything, but I couldn't form complete sentences.

"What?" he grinned. There was a mischievous sparkle in his eyes. There was no way the man in front of was "The Demon" of the mafia. His cheeky smile made him look so young and it brought a smile to my face.

I knew I was turning more red as the seconds passed so I wrapped my arms around his neck and hid my face in his neck. My smile never leaving my face.

"Angel." he chuckled. He wrapped his arms around my waist and let out a little laugh, the situation finally dawning on him.

"Don't tell me you're feeling shy because of last night." his statement made me hide my face in his neck even more.

I was acting like such a school girl but what can I say? Last night was my first time ever and I know for a fact it wasn't his.

I let out a sigh and I let go of his neck while he held me tighter.

"What?" he chuckled, "Having second thoughts?"

"It's a little too late for second thoughts, don't you think?" I smiled, "and no, it's just, I don't know, last night meant something to me, and what if it didn't mean anything to you?"

I looked at him wide-eyed as I realized what I said. I talk too much!

He smiled at me and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Baby," peck. "last night," peck. "meant the world to me." peck.

"Why wouldn't it mean anything to me?" he said a little more seriously, "you're my wife, Karina. That was the first of many since we're going to be together forever." he finished as he intertwined our fingers.

"You're so good with words." I giggled as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You're so good with your mouth." he taunted.

I gasped as he gripped my ass and kissed me roughly. I kissed back with the same intensity.

"You're incredible Karina, and just looking at you makes me want to thank our fathers for arranging our marriage." he said looking straight into my eyes.

I gave him a smile before he kissed my neck again.

"So, about that shower?" I breathed out.