Dieciseis

Karina Russo

"Here let me help you with that." my voice cut through the comfortable silence lingering in the room. I had gotten up earlier than he had and I was already dressed while he was putting on his tie painfully slow. 

I got in front of him and began to tie it. I wasn't wearing my high heels yet but due to the fact that I was 5'10", his 6'4" height wasn't a problem. 

"I don't want to sleep in the same room as you." I said while working on the tie. I could hear him take a deep sigh, feeling his eyes on me the whole time. 

"Fortunately, that isn't up for debate Angel." 

I let out a shaky breath. His nickname brought up a couple of sentimental memories with my mom but none painful enough to tell him to stop. I kind of liked it.

"I feel like we need space Lorenzo. To figure out what we want." I continued as I finished his tie and dusted off his shoulders. He quickly slid on his jacket and adjusted the cuffs.

"You're coming with me to the office today, where are your shoes?" he said, ignoring my words and spotting my heels beside the bed.

"Sit." he motioned for me to sit at the edge of the bed. 

"Do I get a treat if I do?" I rolled my eyes as I went and sat down.

"Maybe." he began to put my left foot in the heel and tied up the strappy heel.

"Lorenzo, I really feel like we should figure out what we want. Who knows, maybe we realize we want a divorce." I said without thinking. He immediately stopped putting on my right heel and his face turned stone cold while looking at me.

"There will be none of that Karina. 'Till death do us part remember? I don't care if we despise each other we will be together till the end of time." He continued putting on my heel.

"It was just a hypothetical situation." 

"Whatever, let's go." He said as he helped me off the bed. I flattened out my black velvet mini skirt. Today, I was actually wearing one of Lorenzo's shirts. I buttoned it up to the 4th or 5th button and put it on as an off the shoulder shirt. It was tucked into my mini skirt and I paired the outfit with my black strap heels. 

As soon as he had woken up, he told me to get ready for a day at the office. Perfect outfit if you ask me. 

We walked out of the car and got into the limo that was waiting for us. Lorenzo opened the door and I slid in all the way. The car started moving as soon as he got in and I began to reapply my liquid lipstick using the mirror for my powder.

I felt Lorenzo's burning stare the whole time which was intimidating but I would never let him know that.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I said not focusing my attention on him at all. All of a sudden a photo click was heard and I looked to see Lorenzo snapping a picture of me. 

"That was a joke." I said annoyed.

"It was time I changed my phone lockscreen anyways." he replied as he looked at the photo. I gently grabbed his phone and looked at the photo. My legs were crossed and I was looking into the small mirror while applying my lipstick. My hair was thrown to the side and it fell down to my seat. It was a nice photo, I had to admit that. 

"What about my lockscreen?" I said as I glanced at my phone that had the lockscreen I've had since I was 12. It was a picture of the love of my life, Drake.

He grabbed my phone and slid to the camera. He positioned the phone as if he were to take a selfie and before I could register anything, he took a picture of him smashing his lips onto mine.