Dos

Friday Night / Lorenzo Russo
I pulled up to the front spot next to the Lamborghini. It was 7:55 which meant that I had 5 minutes to see who the hell was behind that tinted window.

I rolled down my window to try to get the attention of the driver.

I whistled a little and beeped at him since he wouldn't budge.

"Listen buddy I just want to know who's in the ca-" suddenly the window was rolled down enough for me to only see her face. She had on a mouth mask which only let me see her beautiful dark brown eyes that looked like chocolate. Wait get a hold of yourself Lorenzo.

"You're a girl?? How the hell?" I asked confused.

"The same way you're a boy." She winked and rolled her window back up. I had unanswered questions but they had to wait because the race was starting.

"ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET, GO!"

She speed past me and zoomed through the streets. I followed close behind but for some reason I couldn't pass her.

"Fuck!" I cursed as I shifted gears and stepped on the gas in an effort to catch up to her.

Soon enough she reached the finish line first but instead of stopping, she drove away into the night.

I tried following her but Leo just had to get in front of me.

"Get out of the way man!" I yelled as I honked at him. He ran to the passenger side and quickly got in.

"Where the hell were you going??" He asked breathlessly.

"I was going to go after her but you had to fucking get in my way. Next time I won't hesitate to step on the gas." I replied angrily.

"I'm sorr-wait did you say her?? There's a chick behind that steering wheel??" He asked surprised.

"Yes, what day does she usually come?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"She comes whenever she wants honestly. We've tried to pin point a routine so that we can put one of our best racers out there but she just comes whenever." He answered.

"Okay, I'll try to do some snooping around on my side to see if we can figure out who she is. Anyways, what time is it??"

"It'll be 9 in about 2 minutes. You'll barely make it if you leave right now." He said as he opened the door to get out.

"I'll see you later, Leo." I replied as I sped down the streets to the Almonte's house.

Friday Night / Karina Almonte

"Karina! I thought you weren't going to make it, thank God you did!" Eduardo said as he dramatically wiped his forehead.

"But I did so thanks for covering for me." I smiled and I glanced at the clock. I had two more minutes till dads guests would arrive. I didn't want to eat dinner with them but father insisted so here I am.

I reapplied my lipstick and combed my straight black hair with my fingers. My mind wondered off to the handsome man that made me roll my window down at the race. He had messy brown hair but it looked nice. His suit fitted him like second skin or at least it looked like a suit from my point of view. I had never seen him at any of the previous races and it kind of made me nervous that he had seen me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Kari, dad's guests are here and I was sent to get both you and E." Pablo's strong voice sounded as he opened the door.

I glanced at myself once more before both Pablo and Eduardo gave me an approving nod. We quickly made our way downstairs as father was greeting the guests.