Catorce

ATTENTION: The following chapter contains certain things that might be deemed as gory or uncomfortable by certain readers. Also it might not be appropriate for readers under 16. You have been warned. 

P.S. This chapter isn't super important to the story, it just allows you to see who Lorenzo really is but if you get scared by certain things, feel free to skip!

Lorenzo Russo

I made my way to the backdoor of the warehouse in quiet steps in order to avoid anyone inside hear me. I've always loved surprising people, those surprises being either good or bad. 

My men guarding the side door were about to speak but I quickly put my index finger against my mouth and they shut their mouths. They opened the door for me and I headed to the room I heard Leo from. 

"The boss will be here any minute and trust me, if you thought what we did to you was the most painful shit you've ever gone through, you haven't gone through anything. They don't call him the Demon for nothing." He assured the whimpering spy.

The Demon was a nickname I had earned at 17 when I was barely starting in this business. The reason I was given that nickname was because I left men that crossed me unrecognizable. I tortured them both mentally and physically to the point where no one, including themselves could tell you who they are. That's why smart people think twice before making me an enemy. 

I decided this was my cue and I made my way into the room. 

"So this is the little fucker who thought he could get away with it?" I taunted from the shadows and slowly came into the light to see the spy that used to work for us. He was working with us for about 2 weeks and there was always something fishy about him. We had him working in one of the warehouses where all of our new recruits are tested.  We don't keep anything important here, just a lot of fake packages and fake documents in offices that belong to no one. One of my men found him taking pictures of the fake documents and after further investigation, we found out he was sending them to the Russians.

He was tied up on a chair in the middle of our torture room too scared to speak. Although this definitely wasn't our best torture room, it was enough to scare someone who hadn't been in the business for a long time. 

Leo walked over to one of the tables that had knives that were different shapes and sizes as i began take off my jacket and fold up my sleeves. I quickly took off my tie and Leo handed me a box filled with needles. 

This was one of my favorites to start off with. 

"Tonight will go the way you want it to. You tell us what you know and I won't completely fuck you up." I said as I began to pull out a needle. 

"I don't know anything." The spy cried, his heavy Russian accent shining through. 

I believed him. I knew the spy was sent here as a test to see how guarded and how ready we were. If the spy didn't come back, that meant we were waiting for them so they would wait until our guard fell a little. If the spy did come back, it meant they could come at us full force. In the Italian Mafia, we didn't usually use this method because of how easily it can be tweaked with. 

"Bullshit." Leo objected, knowing the guy knew absolutely nothing. "You really think we believe the Russians would send a spy that doesn't know what they're doing? If you tell us what you know, it'll be better for you."

I quickly analyzed the situation and all possible outcomes. Now that I was officially the new Don of the Italian Mafia, I had to do what was best for the Mafia. I couldn't fuck anything up and this was the beginning of our war with the Russians. 

I knew that if I killed him, the Russians wouldn't attack soon which would give me some time with Karina. Wait what the fuck? No I can't think about her right now, remember Alec's bitch ass and her betrayal. If I don't kill him and let him go back to the Russians telling them that we thought he had information, it'll give them the upper hand and it'll be a lot harder to defeat them. 

The spy gave out a small whimper as I came closer to him. 

"Have you ever been punctured by a needle?" I asked as I touched the tip of the needle with my finger. "It's not that painful but you know what one of my favorite things to do is? It's coming up with new ways to have fun. You see, usually people only get stabbed with the tip but have you ever wondered what it would feel like to have the whole needle in you?" 

I grabbed his left hand and positioned the sharp end of the needle towards the tip of his index finger. With some pressure added, I was able to push the whole needle through his finger. Since it was a needle that doctors usually use to get bone marrow, the needle almost slid in through the bone. The boys shrilling screams broke the silence in the warehouse. His screams were music to my ears and I wanted more.

"I've never seen anyone be paralyzed from their fingers only." Leo chimed in from the side as I continued to inject each finger with a needle. Once I was done with all fingers, I went to a different table to look for one of my favorite tools. 

"Hey Leo? What body parts do you think are necessary in order for someone to deliver a message?" I asked in a taunting voice. 

"Hmmm, well lets see, a mouth in order to speak, legs in order to walk, uh, I think that's pretty much it Demon." He answered from his seat in the corner. He had a knife twirling around his fingers, waiting for my signal to take over. 

"That's what I thought too." I walked around the chair the boy was sitting in. As soon as I was behind him, I turned the chair over in order to face me and continued. "I know you know nothing. I wouldn't be the Don if I thought you knew something. We'll be willing to leave you alive if you do us a small favor kid." 

The boy nodded his head as quickly as possible. The tears streaming down his face and his yelps were enough to tell me this was the first time the boy had gone through anything like this. 

"Tell the Russians we're fucking ready for them, to feel free to attack whenever they want but to just know that for every step they take, we're already two steps ahead of them, got it?" I glanced over to Leo and gave him the signal. Normally I would personally take over issues like this but since I'm the don now, I don't have to time to worry about spies. That's my men's job. 

I unfolded my sleeves and slid my jacket back on. I glanced back to Leo and nodded so that he could begin his job. As Leo approached him with a knife the spy quickly yelled, "You said would leave me alive!" 

"Oh don't worry, he is, you just won't be in the same condition as before. Don't forget about the favor I asked for and nice knowing you kid." I said as I walked out of the room and out of the warehouse to my car. 

I honestly didn't give a fuck if he would tell the Russians what I said or not. For now, I just wanted to go to my house, take a hot shower and sleep next to Karina.