Cinco

Karina Almonte
My eyes fluttered open as I felt someone gently shake my shoulder.

"We're at the warehouse, Karina." his cold voice broke the silence.

He helped me out of the car and it was a little chilly outside. He must've noticed my goosebumps because he took off his blazer and draped it on my shoulders as we walked to the door on the side of the warehouse. Without even knocking, the door opened and we walked in.

"Where is the shipment, Leo?" Lorenzo's deep voice bounced off of the aluminum walls as he faced the man who let us in. The man was a little shorter than Lorenzo and looked to be about his age. He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes.

"It's in the room in the back." The man, or Leo said as he kept staring at me. "Who's the black haired beauty?"

"My fiancée." Lorenzo instantly wrapped his arm around my waist.

Leo furrowed his eyebrows and gave Lorenzo a questioning look while we made our way to the room that had the shipment. All of the other men kept moving things and rearranging them.

"You're what?? When did you get engaged?? As you're best friend I feel deeply offended that you tell me now." He said with a hand over his heart while faking sadness.

"Oh suck it up, I'll tell you later Leo." Lorenzo said as he kept his stare straight.

We made it to the room and it was filled with packages. I don't know what was in them but it was most likely something illegal, this is the Mafia after all.

"Go into the office." Lorenzo said in a cold voice as he glanced at a door that was in the second floor. I knew he was talking to me so I made my way to the stairs and climbed up the stairs into the office.

It was nicely decorated for it to be in a warehouse in the middle of nowhere. There was a black couch underneath the one way window that looked on to the warehouse. The bookshelves, which were next to the office table, were filled with dull looking books.

I took a seat on the couch and looked out of the window down to where Lorenzo and Leo were talking to another man. Probably about the shipments. I looked down at my lap and saw my engagement ring on my ring finger. It wasn't extravagant or big or anything, it was simple and sophisticated which is exactly how I had imagined my perfect engagement ring. I just wish the man I was marrying was exactly how I had imagined him too.

Lorenzo was handsome and good-looking. He had a muscular body that looked nice under his suits. His brown hair gave him a boyish look and this was only brought out more by his hazel eyes. His eyes were a light copper with gold specks in them. He could give you a kind stare or a hard glare, depending on his mood. His hot and cold personality was not what I imagined my future husband would be like. I had always hoped my husband would be sweet, caring, and would take me away from the Mafia. But it looks like I'm going to be in deeper than I was before.

My thoughts were interrupted by Lorenzo and Leo entering the room. Lorenzo sat on the office chair behind the table and Leo sat next to me on the couch.

"Hey I'm Leo nice to meet you!" Leo said as he extended his hand and offered me a grin.

"I'm Karina." I chuckled.

"So tell me why you decided to say yes to Lorenzo when he popped the question." Leo said with a smile. I didn't know if he knew about the arranged marriage or if he was going to know so I looked at Lorenzo with panic. He only returned my worry with a nod and an arched eyebrow.

"Um Lorenzo's very sweet when he wants to be and I know we were meant to be." I replied with my best convincing smile.

"Okay but what about when he's not, which is usually always." Leo stated with a goofy grin.

"He's an ass but he's my ass now." I giggled at Leo's face.

"I'm done here, let's go Karina." Lorenzo's cold voice sliced through my giggles. It sounds like he's mad but I don't know why if before we got here he was fine.

"Um what time is it?" I said as I glanced at Leo.

"9:34pm. The warehouse is far from the city." Leo responded. A la verga (What the hell), how far away are we?

"Let's go Karina." Lorenzo spoke as he stood up and walked over to me. He offered his hand so that I could take it and once I stood up he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Leo, I'll see you tomorrow at the office. We're going now." Lorenzo said to Leo as he nodded. We made our way out of the warehouse and Lorenzo helped me into the car.

"Are you ever going to tell Leo that our engagement was arranged?" I looked over at Lorenzo as he turned on the car and drove off.

A small smirk appeared on his face as he said, "Leo knows. When I told you to go upstairs, I told him about it. He just wanted to know what you thought of me."

"I hate you." I said as I tried my best to keep a straight face and not bust out laughing. That plan went to waste because as soon as I looked at Lorenzo, I cracked up. He let out a chuckle and genuinely smiled.

"So I'm your ass now?" He said as he gave me a boyish grin.

"Shut up, I was trying to make it sound believable." I said as I smiled while looking out the window.

"Awe I knew you loved me." Lorenzo said as he glanced at me.

"You change moods faster than I change my clothes." I said with a smile.

"It's hard to keep one mood when I'm with you." He smiled.

"Shut up." I grinned. "What does that even mean though?"

Lorenzo Russo

She was sitting in the passenger seat, patiently waiting for my response to her question. She looked beautiful as she ran her fingers through her hair. Her simple ring catching my attention every time. I can't believe she wanted something so small instead of a huge diamond. She's proving she's not what I thought she'd be like. Today was an incredible day because I got to see her genuinely smile. It seems unreal to know that this morning was when our fathers told us we would get married.

"Lorenzo?" Her sweet voice broke through my thoughts. "What do you mean by it's hard to keep one mood around me?"

How could I tell her that it was hard because a part of me wanted to fall in love with her and live the rest of my life doing everything for her while the other wanted to keep being the ruthless womanizer I was. I was torn between wanting to try this out and wanting to keep my reputation.

"Nothing, I mean nothing." I said as I smiled. She playfully rolled her eyes and looked out the window. Whenever I looked at her through the corner of my eye, I could see her glance at me with a smile which made me grin. Fuck.