Quince

Karina Russo

While the maids and I were moving my stuff to a new room, we heard the front door close and a car speed off which I assumed was Lorenzo. It was around 2 and I knew he wouldn't come back till later which would give me enough time to move everything. 

Once were done moving my stuff, I decided to eat some dinner which was made by Fiametta, the nice lady that was hired by Lorenzo to make food. Her food's delicious and she's made so many different Italian meals I had never even heard of. Even though her food is amazing, I miss the Mexican food I used to eat when I lived with my dad. I never thought I would miss simple things like that. I've been getting pretty homesick lately which is probably because I'm always alone. 

After dinner I took a shower and soon fell asleep. 

Lorenzo Russo

I placed the keys on the table downstairs and heated up the plate Fiametta had left me in the microwave. The kitchen was spotless and you would never be able to tell someone was in here unless you noticed the plate, fork, and cup that was drying next to the sink. Karina probably washed her plate even though I've told the maids to wash every single dish, that's what I pay them for and my wife has to wash her own plate.

The beeping microwave took me out of my thoughts and I quickly took the plate out and placed my plate on the counter. It was about 10 at night which very early seeing as I usually get here at around 1 or 2. 

After I ate my food and washed my plate, I headed upstairs and into the bedroom. I couldn't wait to be in the presence of Karina. Even though I'm mad at her, I can't deny the fact that I still want to lay next to her. 

I walked into the bedroom and as soon as I laid my eyes on the bed, I went into full alert mode. The bed was made and Karina was no where to be seen. I decided to calm down and looked for her in the bathroom, the closet. Pretty soon I was looking all around the house but I couldn't find her. Trying to not panic, I decided to look in the rooms upstairs.

Karina Russo

Karina

Karina

Karina!

"What!?" I sat up immediately, still half asleep, to Lorenzo sitting next to me on the bed. 

"What are you doing?" His voice broke through the silence in the house. 

"What does it look like I'm doing? I was sleeping until you decided to wake me up." I yawned as my eyes adjusted to the dark. It wasn't that dark since there was moonlight coming in through the window but I had just woken up. 

"I know that Karina, I mean what are you doing in a different room?" He grunted. 

"Sleeping." 

He tilted his head to the side and his face looked very unamused. I wanted to laugh but I knew this wasn't the time or place. 

"Listen Karina, we're married now. You sleep where I sleep, capisce?" His Italian accent poured through his last word. I had never really heard him talk with his accent because he's good at hiding it. 

"Yeah? What about that one night you didn't come home at all? I didn't sleep with you at the hotel room did I?" I replied defiantly. 

"You don't know where I was, Karina. Now let's go." He threw me over his shoulder and I lazily threw punches at his back. I had just woken up and I was already upside down. 

"Put me down Lorenzo! You can't force me to sleep in the same bed as you!" I yelled. 

"I can and I will. If you don't remember, you now belong to me woman." he retorted. 

"People don't belong to people, Russo. Now put me down!" I continued. 

"As you wish." 

I fell onto the bed that was in the master bedroom. I hadn't even realized we were back in here. 

As soon as he threw me onto the bed he began to take off his shirt and belt. 

"Oh my god, are you going to rape me or something?" I blurted. I was wearing a silk sleeping gown that came down to my mid thigh. My strap fell down and a part of my breast was exposed. I quickly picked the strap up and began to back away into the head of the bed. 

"Are you okay? I'm not going to rape you ragazza matta. (crazy girl) I sleep in my underwear." he said as he pulled down his pants to expose his boxers while keeping eye contact.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in but stayed in the same place. 

"Just so you know, I don't think it's fair you're holding me hostage." I said as I scooted over to the left side of the bed in order to allow him to lay down. 

"Will you lay down? I'm not holding you hostage, you're just not allowed to leave." He disclosed. 

"That's literally the definition of being held hostage but okay." I said and he looked at me with an annoyed face. "Okay fine, whatever. I just want you to know I hate every single part of this and I don't know why you're so obsessed with having me sleep right next to you when you were literally yelling at me this morning." Sometimes I talk without thinking and this was one of those moments. I was kind of nervous about what he would respond with.

"You talk a lot." he said tiredly as he began to close his eyes and placed an arm on top of me once I laid down. Once I was comfortable he pushed me into him and basically cuddled me. "For the record I am not cuddling, I'm just making sure you won't leave." 

"Are you scared I'm going to ruin your hard earned street cred by telling everyone you're a cuddler?" I teased. 

"Shut up and go to sleep." 

"Okay, okay. Good night you big baby." I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.