Ocho

Karina Alm-Russo

"Mrs. Russo, there's a man outside waiting for you who says that he's an old friend of yours and would like to congratulate you." The waiter whispered into my ear as I stood next to Lorenzo who was busy talking to a Mafia Don.

I nodded my head and excused myself from their conversation and made my way to the entrance of the hall which held our wedding reception. I wondered who this old friend could be seeing as I've never really had any friends.

I opened the door and walked outside glancing both ways when a dark figure caught my attention.

"So you got married to the Italian." the familiar voice, who I soon recognized as Alec spoke from the shadows.

"Is that a problem?" I questioned.

"You were supposed to marry me. You promised to marry me." Alec said as he came out from the dark and stared at me.

"I wasn't 'supposed' to do anything Alec and I promised you that when I was 16. It's been 4 years. Enough time for you to get your ass back and tell me you didn't die like my dad and brothers had said." I responded getting slightly irritated and a little hurt.

"They made me leave. They told me that if I didn't, they would take you away to a place I would never be able to find you. I love you Karina, and I wanted to come back earlier but I left to Germany and turned into the man I knew you deserved. I'm the next in line for the German Mafia. Say the word and I'll take you away from here." He said and I saw the hopeful glint in his blue eyes.

"Take me where Alec? What's the difference between here and Germany? I'm married to a Mafia Don and you want to take me with you to go right back to the same thing. You better than anyone know that was never what I wanted." I said with a slight crack in my voice.

"The difference is that you love me. I know you love me. I know we had always talked about leaving the Mafia behind but-"

"Just like I didn't keep my promise, you're not going to keep yours are you? Yet you still think you have the right to come and make me feel bad over something I did for my father." I said not wanting to hear what he had to say.

"Wait Karina, I'm sorry. That wasn't my intention. I miss you and I love you. I want to have a life with you. Just come with me. You're right, there is no difference between here and Germany but I can make you the happiest you'll ever be. I promise I can." he finished. Maybe it was the fact that I still loved him, I mean he was my first love, or maybe it was the fact that he said all of the right things. With tears in my eyes I quickly nodded my head.

Lorenzo Russo
"Okay good, baby girl. Let me call one of my men and we can leave right now." I heard bitch ass Alec say. I was leaning against the wall hearing this bastard speak to my wife. He really thought he was going to be able to take Karina just like that.

I walked right up to Karina and she gasped.

"You thought you'd be able to fool me? That you'd get out of here with out my knowledge?" I said talking to both Karina and Alec. This is betrayal. How dare them think they would make it out of here.

"I'm sorry to rain on your parade but Karina isn't going anywhere with you." I said as I grabbed Karina's wrist and started walking towards the car.

"When you least expect it, she'll be with me Russo." I heard Alec say as I pushed Karina into the car and quickly jogged to the drivers side and got in.

Karina Russo
"Lor-" I tried to say as we drove away from the reception.

He raised his index finger as a signal for me to stop talking.

"Ho lasciato la reception. Qualcuno ha deciso di scopare e ora deve pagare le conseguenze. (I have left the reception, someone has decided to fuck around and now has to face the consequences.)" Lorenzo said into the phone speaking fast Italian so that I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Lorenzo sped off into the town and headed towards the airport. I don't know where he's going to take me but I hope Alec will find me. I just wanted to go with Alec. He had made me happy once upon a time so I'm sure he can  make me happy once again. Lorenzo and I were forced into a marriage that represents an alliance and nothing else. I know for a fact both of us would be happier if we weren't married to each other.

The car stopping made my thoughts stop as well. I looked around and realized we had made to the airport except Lorenzo parked right next to the private jet.

He got off the car and I figured he'd be too mad to open my door so I opened my door and tried to get off.

Oh boy, big miss steak.

Before I could fully open the car door, Lorenzo shut it and then opened it again and helped me out.

"What were you doing?" He asked in a cold voice. His icy stare intimidated me which was something no one had ever made me feel.

"Um o-opening my door." I said slightly lowering my eyes. I knew he was pissed and I didn't want to make him even more mad.

"Look at me." He lifted my chin with his index finger and stared into my eyes. "I told you I'd always open your door for you. Regardless of my feelings for you." He finished off in the same cold voice.

His words made me shiver slightly and so did his touch when he wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked to the jet.

The pilots and flight attendant greeted us when we walked into the plane to which Lorenzo only nodded and I offered a small smile.

Once the people were out of our view Lorenzo turned to me.

"There's a bedroom in the back with your luggage so feel free to change into something more comfortable." He said with his same fucking cold voice. It was getting me irritated but I know it shouldn't because I pissed him off. But so what if I made him mad and so what if I'm mad that he's mad.

I walked to the room in the back and the huge size confused me because I thought this was a small jet when I looked at it from the outside. Nonetheless I looked through one of my bags and decided on wearing a simple slightly flowy dress seeing as I didn't know were we were headed and I was still in my wedding dress. I quickly changed into the pretty coral pink dress and let me hair down. I didn't want to have red lips anymore so I took the lipstick off with a makeup wipe and replaced it with some gloss. Thank god the makeup artist decided to go light with the makeup so I decided to keep it on. I gave myself a look over in the mirror and walked out of the bedroom.

"Oh my gosh Lor! You're soooo funny!!" I heard the flight attendant say in a high pitched voice to Lorenzo. She had her cleavage out for everyone to see and her skirt barely covered anything. He seemed to be loving the attention seeing as how he let out a deep chuckle and flirted back. Oh fuckkkk no.