Trece

Lorenzo Russo
I've managed to avoid Karina for a week. I have an excuse ready whenever she says she wants to talk and at night I make sure to go in the room after she's asleep and I leave before she wakes up. So far, I think I've done well.

The reason I don't want to talk to her is because I know she'll bring up the whole Alec situation and as much as I want to resolve it, I know it's going to get ugly before it gets pretty and that's honestly something I want to push back as much as I can.

I looked at my phone and Pablo's name popped up.

We have some business in South America that needs our attention. We'll be in Italy in about a week or two.

Karina doesn't know her brothers are visiting yet because I want it to be a surprise. We may have unsolved problems but that doesn't mean I won't do things for her.

"Good morning sir." One of my guards voices broke me out of my thoughts. It was 10:30am in the morning and I just got home. I decided to spend the night in a hotel, by myself, to avoid Karina overall. Douche move I know, but I'd literally cut off my dick then talk about Alec.

I nodded at the guard and walked into my house.

Karina Russo
"Lorenzo." I said as I saw him step into the house. This is the first time I've see him in days.

When he heard me, his eyes widened.

"Uh, Karina, hello." He said as he avoided looking at me. He almost looked ashamed.

"Where have you been?" I asked suspiciously.

"Why do you care?" he snapped.

I took a sharp intake of breath and took a step back. I thought about my words very carefully because I didn't know how to react.

"You're my husband now, Lorenzo. I think it's fair that I would like to know where you've been." I replied in a calm manner. 

"Was I still your husband when you were about to leave with Alec?" He replied irritated. 

"Lorenzo I've been trying to talk to you about that but you keep avoiding me. If you just let me explain I-" 

"I don't want to hear it right now Karina. I have the Russians breathing down my neck and I need to solve that before you and I get anywhere." He sighed annoyed. 

I know the Russians are important and they need to be taken care of but this doesn't mean we should allow our marriage to fall apart before it has even begun.

"Lorenzo, I want to get this figured out, I want us to be okay. I know we aren't exactly in love or even like each other but I want to get along and make the best of this." I said defeated. 

"Well I can't Karina. I wanted that too but you decided to betray me and I cant't forgive that easily. If we're in this situation, it's because of you."

His cold words sliced through my hopes of one day being happy together. The tears that were forming in my eyes quickly became angry tears and they fell freely. 

"I'm not going to keep trying if you aren't Lorenzo. I'm sorry I betrayed you and I'm even more sorry we won't ever be able to have a good relationship with each other." I coldly said as I turned around and headed to the master room.

Before I got in, there was a maid close by and I called her over. I glanced down to the foyer quickly to realize Lorenzo was nowhere to be seen. Good, that'll give me enough time. 

"What can I help you with, Mrs. Russo?" the maid asked, her Italian accent going unnoticed.

"I need your help, I'm moving rooms and I don't which ones are available." I whispered.

"Is Mr. Russo okay with this, Mrs?" 

"Don't worry about him, can you help me?" I asked unsure of her answer.

"Yes of course ma'am. I believe the room right across from the master bedroom is free and it has a bathroom and a nice closet." She helpfully added.

"Perfect, will you help me move as quick as possible please?" 

"Of course, I'll call another maid to help as well." She said as she quickly scurried down the service stairs. 

I won't keep putting effort into something Lorenzo isn't and this is something necessary in order to get my point across. 

Lorenzo Russo 

After our fight, I headed to the office that was in my house. Since it's upstairs, I used the service stairs because Karina headed upstairs through the main stairs. 

As soon as I got in my office, I closed the door and took a seat in my office chair. I loosened my already loose tie and began looking through some of the documents I had sent one of my men to look for. 

A few moments later, my phone began to ring, the screen reading Leo. 

"Speak." I stated. 

"Lorenzo, we found a Russian spy snooping around the warehouse outside of Venice. We have him tied up and he hasn't given out information yet." Leo informed me. 

Leo had come to Italy the same day as us just that he decided to take a different plane in order to "avoid third wheeling". He was living in his own house that was about 20 minutes away from mine.

"Get him ready for some fun, I'll be there as fast as I can." I said as I put away the documents I was studying into my safe. 

I hung up and grabbed my keys. I quickly tighten my tie and grab a blazer. Without glancing at the master bedroom Karina was in, I quickly go down the stairs and into my car. The engine roars alive and I speed off to the warehouse.