Uno

A few days before...
"Pedro, the Russians are becoming more and more powerful. They're coming for both of us because we're the top dogs." He said as he lit his cigar.

"What's your solution?" Pedro replied reclining on his office chair.

"Let's combine the family's with a good old arranged marriage."

"You have no daughters, Russo." He chuckled. "You want our sons to marry?"

Francesco laughed, "No Pedro, let my son Lorenzo marry Karina. I'd offer Luca but he's got his head in the clouds. I know Lorenzo can be a great husband for your daughter and he'll protect her no matter what."

"You know there's been a lot of suitors asking for her hand, but I don't like any of them as much as I like your boy Lorenzo. He's a fine man and I think he's the perfect husband for my little girl. Come over on Friday and we'll have dinner, both of our families." Pedro replied truthfully.

"Perfect, it'll give them a chance to talk to each other before we announce their marriage." Francesco said.

Friday Night / Karina Almonte
"Karina dinners at 9. There's no races tonight and you won't be back home in time. Dads going to be pissed." Eduardo said as I adjusted my dress.

"That's why I'm already ready doofus. I'll find a quick race and I'll be home before you know it." I smiled. "Please cover for me E, I'll owe you one!"

"That makes me an accomplice." He groaned.

I turned to him and gave him my best puppy eyes. I even added a pout to fully convince him.

"Fineeeee, but if dad catches you, I had nothing to do with this!" He said as I finished applying my red lipstick.

"You're the best E! I'll see you in 2 hours just in time for dinner." I said as I went down the service stairs and through the garage. I walked over to the Lamborghini Huracan, my baby.

I quickly hoped in and drove to the front gate.

"Ms. Almonte, we didn't receive a notification that you were leaving the premises." The guard said as I rolled down my window.

"Oh that's odd, mi padre dijo que les diria que iba a salir. (My father said he would let you know I'd be leaving.)" I replied in my most innocent voice. 

"We didn't receive the message Miss, do you mind if we call?"

"I'm actually in a hurry, but I'll be back fast. I just need to get a feminine product." I chuckled knowing they didn't want to know what type of product I needed.

"Oh of course Ms. Almonte, our mistake. Would you like one of us to follow you?" He replied trying to do the job my father had assigned to him.

"No that won't be necessary thanks. I'll be back in a bit." I responded with a sweet smile.

Soon enough, the gates were opened and I zoomed out of there. I put my windows down and let my hair dance with the wind. I quickly turned through all of the familiar streets and made my way to the spot as I put on the black cotton mouth mask and put the tinted windows up.

Friday Night / Lorenzo Russo
"So are you racing tonight?" My best friend Leo asked.

"I don't know if I should, I have dinner plans at 9." I replied.

"Dinner plans? I thought you didn't do dates."

"It's not a date, it's a family dinner with the Almonte's."

"As in the Mexican Mafia? Why?"

"I don't know something about meeting someone, whatever that means." I replied.

"You have time for a quickie, it's only 7:50."

After much convincing, I gave in. I owned this street race and lot of other ones around town. This one was the one that was giving me problems though because some kid kept winning them. I needed to come and beat the guy to get him off his high horse.

"What does the guy look like again?"

"No one has actually seen him but he drives a sleek black Lamborghini Huracan, latest model." He responded.

"And he never takes the money?"

"Nope, just races, wins, and leaves."

"Don't worry, I'll change that after tonight." I smirked as I got into my car and made my way to the lineup.