A place called home

* Naruto's Point of view *

Shit you, Uchiha! I didn't need your help! How dare you look down on me! I'm perfectly fine and I can manage smuggling shit through cops!

I was raging as I watched the police checking Sasuke Uchiha. He looked so cool and calm, despite all those drugs on him. They touched the pocket of the jacket and touched it again, "Sir, may I ask you to remove your jacket?" The police requested the leader. Sasuke was still calm as he nodded and removed it. I didn't know whether I should be happy when they grew suspicious of Sasuke.

Because he helped me. And I should have been the one caught. But then again, he was the bastard that ruined my life.

A moment lost in thought and the second I snapped back to reality, Sasuke was bribing the police to pass through.

And he succeeded.

My eyes widen at this. Either he is extremely lucky or extremely smart. He was walking passed me and eyed me, smirking along the way. When the group and I were far enough from the border, I quickly unzipped his jacket and returned him. "I didn't need your help, asshole."

He laughed, gathering the smuggled drugs from my jacket before giving it back to me. "You didn't? Because you sure as hell looked like you did." He lifted up my chin and I immediately smacked his hand off me. The sound of the slap caused the group to look at us. "Shut the hell up. Just give me the money already." I pulled him by the collar and closer to me. In the eyes of the smugglers hired by Sasuke Uchiha, I actually looked brave touching the untouchable.

He abruptly pounced forward and bit my lower lip, his expression was so wicked it made me sick. I was so startled that when I jumped backwards, I lost my balance and fell on my bum. I tasted the blood on my lips. He was licking his lips, "Why so impatient?" He threw the stack of cash up in the air, and the notes slowly rained down on me. I was left humiliated in front of the smugglers anyway, as the cash slowly floated down while I was left alone on the ground.

Rock Lee couldn't do anything but watched his current boss. And they departed into the city of the neighboring country as they disappeared from my sight. I got up from my ass and dusted myself off, then I had to pick the notes off the dirty ground like a fucking pathetic beggar.

Fucking Uchiha. I just can't figure him out. One moment he helps me, next moment he continues to be a dick. Just exactly what the hell does he want from me? I counted the cash when I collected all of them. He gave me a lot more than I was suppose to be paid for. Because I didn't continue following the group, I had to pay for my own ride home. I paid a fellow fisher man I found at a deck near the ocean. Thank god our lands weren't very far apart, and the sea was calm as usual.

I boarded the first bus home from that deserted bus stop. I was feeling happy that I can now pay off a quarter of the housing payment and get more time to earn some more money. I alighted to my nearest bus stop from my mansion and walked there. The sun was shining in my face, the birds were chirping and people were rushing to work.

I guess it's a good day, so I should probably visit Sai later.

I was humming to myself when I was arriving at the entrance of my mansion. The men in front of my gate caught my attention and I instantly stopped humming. "Hey! What the hell are you guys doing?!" I screamed, running towards them when I saw them putting a chain and lock around my gate. "Sorry mister, you've been delaying your housing payments despite warnings." One of the men announced calmly and professionally.

"No, please. Just give me some time, I can pay a quarter of it now. Just please, please remove the lock." I pleaded as my last resort, showing them the money. The other shook his head, "We require the full payment of the housing before we can unlock it. I'm sorry, there is nothing else we can do."

"No, please. You don't understand. It's all I have left. Please, please, please.." I was following them, begging as they returned to their vehicle. My tears began to escape my tired eyes as they drove off. I looked at my mansion with a sign hanged on the front gate. It is now government's property until I can afford to pay for it. Now everyone will know I lost my home. Dammit! I kicked the gate as I weeped uncontrollably.

I can't believe I just lost my home. Everything I owned is in it. I am seriously left with nothing but the clothes on my body now.

I'm homeless..

The weight on my shoulders instantly felt heavier. Even my heart felt heavier.

When it felt like my life was finally looking good again, everything fell apart. I'm so tired of it all. When will it end? I dragged myself to Sai's hospital and I collapsed beside Sai's bed. I felt so numb yet the tears wouldn't stop falling. The pain in my heart was too much to bear. I felt so lonely, there was no one to help me, to hold me, to trust. I just needed someone by my side right now. Kiba.. Sai.. I miss you guys so much.. I was breaking down yet again. As I sobbed, I told him.

"Sai... I lost our home today.."