Helpless and hopeless

* Naruto's Point of view *

It hit me. Lee was working for Sasuke. Did every single thing I lost became Sasuke's? Now I'm actually working for him? No way, no fucking way. But I shouldn't feel betrayed, I understood exactly why Lee is with Sasuke. Because Sasuke took over my turf, therefore he also have control of the people that survived the attack.

At least Rock Lee is still looking out for me. I appreciate that. But I can't accept the fact I'm working for that bastard. "Lee, you should know I would never work for that son of a bitch." I swiftly turned around to face bushy brows as people around us gasped and whispered. Before Rock Lee could reply, the ring leader rudely interrupted him.

Sasuke folded his arms sternly, "Then go, I don't need you." He grinned. "..But You need me." He finished his sentence. I would have whacked him, I would have. But I couldn't. I growled and that was all I could do. I took a minute to think hard as smugglers surrounding me stared.

* Sasuke's Point of view *

Rock Lee walked over nervously to me. "Sorry boss, I didn't know he would over reacted that way. But we really soon start the operation soon." He politely bowed apologetically and suggested. I shook my head, "It's fine. We got plenty of time before dawn arrives." I replied, my eyes gazing intently at Naruto Uzumaki, him in this state excites me.

What will you do, Naruto? Have I crushed every piece of pride you have left?

It was a minute later that Naruto stomped his way to me. "..Fine. I'll do your dirty work." His eyes avoided mine, his head lowered in shame. My smirk on my face grew so wide I could hardly contain this emotion. I patted his head like a puppy, "Now that's a good boy." I praised the poor puppy that needs me.

The drugs on the boat was equally divided to every smuggler. Every smuggler had a different and special method to hide the drugs except Naruto. The expression on his face was hilarious. He was so confused and puzzled, he had no clue of what to do. His eyes was so similar to a lost puppy. I was observing him and he ended up just shoving them in his hidden pockets inside his jacket.

"Alright, everyone done? Now get on the boats." I ordered everyone as they immediately dispersed and did what they were told. Lee and I hopped onto the same boat Naruto was in. I sat beside him, I could see Naruto was cold as his knees were up and his arms wrapped around himself tightly. He was shivering, either from fear or the cold.

"Nervous?" I asked.

"F-fuck off." His soft voice was also trembling. I assumed he was scared and cold because the tip of his nose turned slightly pink. His eyes never did once glance at mine. The cruel night grew even more cold and merciless as little droplets of rain landed and the wind became stronger. Steering the boat became much more of a challenge as even the calm sea became more rowdy.

At this point, Naruto was squeezing on his jacket, shivering like crazy and his lips were turning pale. "Moron, don't you dare die." I offered to exchange my thicker coat for his thin jacket. He was so cold, he had no other choice but to accept my offer.

After we switched outerwears, he looked much more comfortable. "Don't expect a thank you." He softly and weakly mumbled under my thick hood, he still have not glanced at my direction. "I don't expect one." I inched closer to him, hoping for him to share some of my body heat. I disliked seeing him suffer like this, I only want him to suffer because of me. Nothing and no one else.

And I won't let him die.

* Naruto's Point of view *

The sea was so rough and violent tonight, we reached the shore and I was having a massive headache.

God, why do you do this to me.

It was still drizzling when we reached the "back door"of a neighboring country. They have lighter security so hopefully we can just pass through them as fisher men. My boat group including Lee, Sasuke and I was the first group up. We walked up to the border before security stopped us. Rock Lee faked an accent,"We are here to deliver fish stocks." He told the officers as he showed them the huge cartons of fishes. Every one of us were carrying some. I was carrying the least, two cartons.

My heart was beating rapidly when they began scanning us for weapons and touching our coats and jeans. Sasuke was right behind me and it was my turn to go pass security. I gulped down and tried my best to stay calm as I walked up to the officer. He looked me in the eye and almost looked suspicious of me.

Shit, did I blow my cover already?

I returned his stare as his colleague scanned me for weapons using a detector. Then he began to pat and feel my jacket.

My jacket?

Fuck! This is Sasuke's!

I'm a hundred percent safe, his jacket is completely empty.

Or is it?

Did he switch it on purpose? What if his jacket was filled with more drugs.. He wants to screw me over.

I almost wanted to sprint from the police but the officer didn't find anything and moved on to my jeans.

Huh? There isn't any?

Did he save my sorry ass on purpose?

Fucking hell, I didn't need his help!