Just like old times

*Naruto's Point of view*

"He told me to..." Sakura was seemingly struggling to speak, she was heavily stuttering.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" A sudden enraged voice emerged from the hallway connecting the dining room.

I rolled my eyes over, heaving a heavy sigh as I immediately recognised the voice. "Look, Kiba.."

"Don't Look-Kiba me! Have you forgotten what she's done to you?! I know you're soft hearted but you shouldn't be so goddamn naive!" Kiba stomped to Sakura, grabbing hold of her but before he could literally throw her out I intervened.

Sai grabbed hold of Kiba, telling him to calm down.

"..She was with Sasuke during his last known days." I stared at him sternly, hoping my poker face was good enough to fool him.

Please buy the story.
Please
Please
Please
I repeatedly prayed in my head, C'mon Kiba just be gullible this ONE time. He observed me for a few seconds before he let his guard down. But there was a lingering doubt in his eyes. He shrugged, "Alright. I'm in. Let's interrogate her the way we did with Gaara." He broke free from Sai and proceeded to snatch her wrists, bounding them together with his strength.

"Hey! Hold up! We can't- She's a lady!" I frantically broke the physical contact between them.
"It's the 21st century. All genders are equal now." He snickered, leaving me speechless for a couple of seconds. Taking glances between Sai and Kiba, I could see Sai's was equally as clueless. I had to think quick before he tries to constrain her again.

"She isn't tight-lipped like Gaara. She was about to tell me before you interrupted us!"

"Oh? Then tell us now what Sasuke said." Kiba ferociously questioned, shoving his face her right in hers'.

"Sasuke told me..." She cleared her throat, "..he said.. he's... sending people to kill you. And I'll be murdered too if I'm caught with you." Tears filling up her eyes, she was trembling. She was fearing for her life, Sasuke must have scared her real good.

"Don't worry, Gaara and his men can't touch us." I pulled her into my arms, patting her back and allowing her to cry.

"It.. won't be... just them.." She whispered between her whimpers.

My eyes widen and diverted to Kiba. Kiba was already looking dead at me, his eyes reveal his determination to find and kill Sasuke Uchiha.

Suddenly, gun shots and chaos could be heard from outside. "They're here!" She screamed in fear.

I guarded her as Sai tossed me an magnum revolver.

"Long time no see!" The assassin gunned down the door and my men guarding it. The broken double doors violently swung open and fell off the hinges.

It was a man in a coat and round sunglasses..

Shino.

Seeing him instantly reminded me of what he did to me when I was at my lowest. The images kept rushing back to me, replaying in my head.

He made it so much worse..
Had me injected with drugs..
Had me go through the withdrawals..
It made me crawl back to Sasuke..
It made me almost take my own fucking life!

"To hell with you, Shino!" I impulsively bombarded him with bullets. He simply hid behind the wall that were used to hold up my doors. Kiba and Sai held me back, shaking their head and forcing me to stop.

I was simply wasting bullets, gunning down the piece of concrete. I tried to catch my breath, calming myself down again. I hated it. I hated how I always lose control from my emotions whenever I thought of those months..

The shit I went through.
And the shit they put me through.

"What the hell do you want?! Did Sasuke send you here?!" I roared, still having my gun aimed at the wall that was shielding him.

Then I heard more gun shots coming from the back yard. Shino's men were coming through the back door too. They were ambushing us from every direction. I signalled my men to stay on the first floor while Sai called for more back up.

Sakura, Kiba and I bolted up to the second storey, right into the bedroom.

Sakura has to be safe. That was my priority.
But Sai..

Shino swiftly came out of hiding when he saw us make a run for the bedroom. He shot a few times but missed me on the stairs where I was still looking out for Sai. But I was out in the open, there's no way he could have missed.

Was it intentional?
Was he aiming for someone else?

... Now isn't the time for questions.

"Sai!" I screamed.
"Just go!" He returned fire at Shino, buying us more time as we safely made it in one piece.

"Hiding away isn't like you, Naruto!" He mocked me as he exchanged shots with Sai. Back up finally arrived, my men and his men were busy firing at each other.

We were locked in the bedroom and I hurriedly opened the window for Sakura to escape. While I was holding up the window for her as she was climbing out, Shino knocked on the bedroom door. "Here I come!"

How the hell?
Where is Sai?
Don't tell me he's...

He used his pistol to bash down the door knob before kicking the door open.

"BANG!"
Him and I both exchanged gun shots the second he stepped into the room.

He had red dripping out of him and onto the floor. Was I in shock? Why am I not in any pain?

I looked down on my torso to see no red. No blood at all.
How..

I looked at Kiba, confused. But his eyes were horrified, glued on.. Sakura.

Anxiety struck me as I slowly turned towards her.

She was shot.