The bridge is falling

* Naruto's Point of view *

It felt like an eternity. I was so nervous and scared. He got shot in the chest, what are his chances of living? I waited with the clock ticking. The silence in the hallway was unbearable, time had never felt so slow. I couldn't stop crying and my heart couldn't stop racing. It's all a nightmare right? How could my perfect life in a second turned into a disaster?

Twenty minutes after I made the phone call to Sakura, she came running up to me, bawling her eyes out. I could only apologize to her, there was nothing else I could say. Ashamed and speechless, I sat there motionless.

The light of the ER sign finally died and the doctors opened the door, I jumped up, looking at the doctor with fearful eyes. "We did it. We managed to extract the bullet just in time." The doctor took off his mask as he stated. I shook his hand, thanking him. The joy in my heart was overflowing, I felt extremely relieved. Sai was wheeled out and transferred him to a proper bed to rejuvenate. But before Sakura and I could enter his ward, doctor did warned us that Sai will be in a coma for a period of time, and when he will regain consciousness is depending on how strong the patient is.

And since he had taken two bullets in such a short period of time, he might not wake any time soon.

It's all my fault.

"Boss!" One of my greatest fighter, Rock Lee burst through the door. "Boss! The gang killed all of our people and had taken over the west side!" He frantically reported, catching his breath. He was in bad shape, he had cuts and bruises all over. "I was the last man standing.." Rock Lee coughed out, looking to be in agony. I was surprised he didn't get caught in the gun fight. I was also lost for words. Shino's men wasn't that powerful to destroy my people.

"Were they Shino's men?"

"No, Boss."

".. What?! Then who's men were they?!" I abruptly stood up, shocked. If they weren't Shino's people.. Who is the one after me?! I want an answer.

"I don't know, Sir.. I've never seen them around before.." Rock Lee dragged himself closer to me. Only the sound of Sai's heart monitor could be heard. I didn't say a word. All these emotions were eating me up all at once. I felt confused, sad, mad.. Worried.

My perfect life is falling apart in a blink of an eye.

Who is behind this?

"What should we do, boss..?" Rock Lee asked, his voice dragged me back into harsh and cruel reality as he interrupted my thoughts.

"I.. I don't know. Just lay low. Now, go home and recover." I mumbled weakly. I had never been in a situation where I didn't know what to do. Everything is just happening so fast, I'm trying to keep up. It's so unbelievable. How did I let this happen?!

Rock Lee obeyed and exited the private ward. Sakura heaved a loud sigh and diverted her attention towards me. "Oh my,Naruto.. Why is all of this happening? Who did you offend today?" Her voice was less playful and much more serious and concerning. I shook my head as I tried my best to be a man in front of my girlfriend. But the truth is, I just wanted to collapse. I should have taken the bullet. I can't deal with reality!

Tears was about to leak out from my eyes when I heard the door opened. I turned around to see who it was, and surprisingly it was my dear friend Kiba. "Man, Naruto.. What a mess right?" His fingers ran through his hair as he sat beside me, looking at Sai. "Sakura, you should go home. Don't worry, Naruto and I will look after Sai. You should get some sleep." Kiba patted Sakura's hand in assurance and Sakura nodded silently.

She got up from her seat and I held her hand abruptly. "Please, Sakura. Be careful. Be very careful.." My voice came out weak as I was. "It's fine. My men are waiting outside." Kiba reassured us once again. She left the room quietly, I could tell she was holding it all in. But I guess she wanted to be strong for me, knowing I'm taking the harder blow.

As soon as she left the room, my strong act dropped and I automatically started breaking down. Kiba was there the entire night to be my shoulder and listening ear. He spoke words of comfort and held me in his arms that night. I could only allow myself to cry and show him my weakest state, I had never liked relying on anybody. Since people are full of lies and deceit. But I really needed someone tonight. I had no other choice, I'm so fucking pathetic.

The morning light came shining through the hospital's sheer white curtains. The birds were chirping merrily and it woke me up. I realized I woken up in Kiba's embrace and slowly slipped out of his arms. I hated waking up, I wished I woke up and all of it was just a nightmare and I could resume in my perfect life again. I glanced at Sai to check how was he doing before I walked over to the windows.

The scenery was beautiful, there were nurses and patients taking walks, enjoying the breeze and eating. I was spacing out when someone running at full speed into the hospital caught my attention. I caught a glimpse of that bowl haircut.

Rock Lee?

"BOSS!" He bolted through the door.

I turned around, frowning with my arms folded. It had to be bad news for him to come running to me like that.

"East turf is being overthrown!"