Your Downfall

* Naruto's Point of view *

I couldn't believe what had just happened, the one that ruined my life had just appeared before my very eyes and he actually walked away untouched? Is he really stronger than me? Have I lost my power? Have I lost to him?

I headed home to wash up. As I entered the mansion, I couldn't see Sakura. Did she go shopping again? But how could she go out during all this bullshit happening? I told her it wouldn't be safe.. I tried calling her but her mobile was switched off. I headed to my bedroom to see the television left turned on, I guess Sakura forgot to switch it off before heading out. I left it on so I didn't have to deal with the silence at home as I stepped into the shower.

While warm water was splashing against my skin, my mind was buried with thoughts. With Kiba gone, my income has stopped. How do I pay for the house and more importantly, Sai's hospital bills? I need to start making money again, but with my two districts taken over.. I had lesser people to control over. Must I start earning money legally? It will take forever to earn a large sum of money.

I sighed, turning off the steamy hot shower and looked at myself in the fogged up mirror. Working.. Legally? I immediately pictured myself working at a fast food restaurant behind the counter and the store manager chiding me for being lazy.

NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!

I grunted, leaving the bathroom. With a towel around my hip, I proceeded to pick out what to wear. Just as I zipped up my skinny jeans, the anchorman reporting the news on the television caught my attention. "... Two more suspected gang attacks occurred at the south and east side of.." My eyes widen as I increased the volume in disbelief. Sasuke acts way too fast. Too fast for me to catch up and regain control of what I lost.

I lost.

I threw my remote at the television in the heated moment and it smashed through the screen as the television automatically shuts down. I was trembling before strength left my body and I fell backwards onto the bed.

Then a thought hit me.

If Sakura was really out there, shopping then I have to call her. She can't spend any more money, we need to save whatever we have left. I hurriedly dialed her mobile number again but the call didn't go through. I dashed out of the house to her favorite malls to try and catch her before she swipes all my credit cards empty. But I couldn't find her. And I couldn't reach her no matter how many times I called.

I started to worry.

But all I could do was return home. There was no one I could command to search for her, powerless and useless, I waited at home for her arrival. If she's not home by midnight, I'm going to the police..

I'm so fucking pathetic.

Anything could be happening to her now and I'm going to the police for help?

The clock struck midnight and there was still no sight of Sakura. I ran down the stairs and headed for the main door to go to the nearest police station. There was no other way. As soon as I pushed opened the door, I heard keys inserted into it. The door pushed her and made her fall backwards landing on the porch's stairs.

"That hurts, Naruto! Are you fucking blind?!" The first thing she did was scream at me. "I'm sorry. Why the hell were you out so late?" I questioned her as she walked into the house, rubbing her bruised back. "Do I have to report everything to you? For fuck's sake, are you my father or boyfriend?" She continued walking further and further away from me as I followed along. She's so distant..

"It's because I'm your boyfriend that's why I need to know! You know now that Sasuke's is after me, you are at risk too!" I was practically arguing with her. But I felt so weak and worn out to fight. "Exactly, Naruto. All of it is YOUR fucking fault. If you didn't offend Sasuke, none of this would have happened!" Sakura's harsh words stabbed directly through my pained heart.

I was so exhausted and fragile. I just needed someone to support me and stand by my side. But where is everyone now? Not even Sakura..

I was left at the bottom of the stairs as she slammed the bedroom door. I guess I'm not sleeping in the bedroom tonight. I advanced to the couch, plopping myself down tiredly.

Sakura hasn't forgiven me.

And tomorrow is our anniversary..

I need money.

Where do I get money?

My tired eyes shot open with that question still lingering in my mind. Why haven't I woken up from this nightmare? I sat up right and noticed I was sleeping on the couch.

That's right.. Last night Sakura and I fought.

I went up to my bedroom and gently knocked on the door, "Sakura darling?" I waited for a response but there was none. I slowly opened the door and sat on the bed, beside my girlfriend who was asleep. I leaned in to kiss her on the forehead and noticed something amiss. She almost smelled like someone else. That familiar scent of her's is covered by..

I took a whiff of it again, it didn't smell like her perfume.

There was something recognizable about this smell. I just can't point it out..