Living without you

* Sasuke's Point Of View *

"The patient is unconscious right now. But we have managed to successfully to stabilise his condition because you acted fast. Any more delays might have resulted in his death." The doctor informed me. I thanked him and followed the nurses as they pushed Naruto to his private ward.

Death..?

I killed plenty. But hearing the possibility of Naruto dying actually pained me. I finally realized now, he actually meant something to me. I used to be absolutely fine if he was dead. But now.. I don't think I want to live without him.

I sat myself down beside Naruto's bedside. My men were guarding the door outside.

Two weeks passed, and everyday I never failed to visit Naruto.

"Wake up, Naruto." I nudged him, like every other day. "If you want to sleep in a bed, I'll get you one. Just wake up." I nudged him again, impatient. Even though, doctor mentioned that his condition is improving, he hasn't shown signs on regaining consciousness.

I walked out, frustrated and tired, I got myself a black coffee. I haven't been sleeping or eating well, my body was just running on anxiety and coffee. I entered the private ward again to see Naruto frowning before slowly opening his eyes to the world. He squinted from the daylight, confused and dazed, he looked around to figure out where he was. I dropped my coffee, bolting to his side.

"Naruto! How are you feeling? I'll get the doc-" Before I could press the button that would call for the nurse, he grabbed my wrist unsteadily. "..I-'mm a..live?.." He uttered slowly and shakily.
"Yeah. Of course." I hugged him but he pushed me away with the little energy he has left and screamed.
"Why.. I.. want to d..die.." He continued talking slowly, with tears starting to run down his face. He forcefully pulled out his IV drip and crawled out of the bed, only to fall to the ground. His body was out for two weeks, he needed to start them up and running again.

He continued crying as I got him up onto his two feet.

Naruto.. intentionally committed suicide?
It wasn't an accident.
I simply thought he wanted to be really high. I thought it was his addiction that drove him to do it.
It was me?
I drove him to his death.
I almost killed him.

That was when the consequences of my actions finally hit me.

I got a call from Lee.
I picked it up after putting Naruto back to bed.

*Naruto's point of view*

I'm alive..
No..
I'm so tired. I don't want to be alive.
Why? Did Sasuke rescue me to see me live in more agony and misery?
Why won't he just let me go..
He won't stop fucking with me but neither will he end my life..
He's heartless.

"Perfect timing. Tell him to come here." I heard Sasuke talking on the phone. But I couldn't make any sense of it. My mind was still in a blur. The nurses and doctor rushed in, after hearing the chaos and screaming. They checked my eyes, veins, blood pressure and whatsoever. They inserted the IV drip into my hand again, while reprimanding me for ripping it out, causing unnecessary bleeding and bruising.

The doctor and nurses finally left, telling Sasuke to keep an eye on me.
He sat back down onto the chair beside my bed, holding my hand. "How are you feeling?" He looked as though he lost some weight, his hair was in a mess and he had severe bags under his eyes. Has he been taking drugs?

Someone barged in, startling me.
"Naruto! I heard what happened!" He dashed to my side. I slipepd my hand out of Sasuke's when my brain registered who it was.

"Ki..ba.." I muttered slowly with a wide smile growing on my face. He embraced me tightly and I squeezed him as tightly as I could. "How..?" I asked, when we finally separated after the long hug.

"There's nothing in the world that money can't solve." Sasuke answered, looking at us and our embrace. He almost looked hurt.

"Why..?" I continued asking. My brain was riddled with questions.

He shrugged and started to get up from his chair. "Take care of yourself, Naruto."

Sasuke exited the room, leaving Kiba and I to ourselves.