Reality hits hard

* Naruto's Point of view *

Months flew by. I was growing richer and richer every second. Every deal with Kiba turned out successful, we even expanded to human trafficking and the selling of stolen guns, jewelry and vehicles. I was living the good life, for those months it was quiet and peaceful. No one stepped on my tail. Everyone could only watch from afar of how wealthy I became, and envy me. Also, Sakura and I's one year anniversary was next month. And I still had no idea what to plan for it. But I have the money, so why worry right?

Time was flying by until that one day. Then time seemed to have slowed down. It was unbelievable. I received the first bad news I had gotten in a long while. "The deal failed. All of the deals failed. The drugs and smugglers were caught." Sai informed me. My eyes widen as I looked up to stare at him, my hands started trembling. Fail? How is that possible? I never fail.. My plan is flawless! It always has been!

"Fuck. How much was our loss?" I questioned, pushing my plate of uneaten food aside. "Approximately 1bil." Sai replied. My hands slammed against the table in rage and I called Kiba immediately. "..Hello Kiba?"

"It failed." These words that were escaping my mouth were unbelievable, it just felt so unreal. Everything was perfect how could this happen?! "I heard about it.. Check the news."

I swiftly took the remote and turned on my television. "... Police had received an anonymous call that morning and told officers a location where drugs were being handled..." The anchorwoman voice faded out as I was left in the state of shock. My phone dropped out of my weak hand. Anonymous call..? But who..? The only people that knew about it was Kiba, Sai and I. Don't tell me.. It was a betrayal?

I fiercely turned around, pulling a gun out from under the couch. "Sai! How could you betray me?!" I pointed the gun at him, my sudden action startled him and he raised both of his hands up.

"Naruto.. You have to trust me.. I didn't do it." Sai stood there, declaring innocence. "I would never double cross you. Never!" He continued. "So are you saying it's Kiba then? Like hell he would do that! It would be his own loss too!" I growled, my finger on the trigger. It made no sense. None of this made any sense! Who else could have known about it?

"Naruto.. Put the gun down. I will help you to find the man-"

"Fuck off!" I shot his shoulder and the impact of the bullet hit him so hard he collapsed on the ground, bleeding. I should have known better than to trust someone. I let my guard down. And I will always hate myself for it, for staining this perfect life. Sakura came running down the stairs in her nightgown with a gun in hand, alerted by the gunshot. "Oh god!" She jumped at the sight of a bleeding Sai lying on our floor. She dropped her gun and rushed to his side, putting pressure on the wound.

"Don't bother saving him." I threw my gun aside and walked up the stairs. "Naruto! Did you do this?!" Sakura screamed at me, unable to believe what she heard and what just happened. Sakura was a close friend to Sai as well, knowing him for so long I guess it would be normal for such an innocent girl like her to react this way. "Naruto! Answer me! Maid, call the ambulance!" She continued her screaming. I instantly turned around and slapped her. "I SAID, DONT BOTHER SAVING HIM."

Anger gotten the best of me. I was so shattered by the bad news that I was unable to cope and control my emotions. I actually hurt the people I loved. Deep inside, I don't believed Sai did it. But yet, why did I pull the trigger? Now I laid a finger on Sakura.. "... I'm..I'm so so sorry.." I dropped to my knees beside her, realizing what I've done. The ambulance rushing in as soon as the maid opened the door and carried Sai away in a stretcher.

Sakura refused to let me touch her and she entered the ambulance with Sai, trying her best not to cry as she held her redden cheek. I was left alone, on my knees.

Shit..

I'm such a fucking idiot..

That night, I went to visit Sai who had an operation to remove the bullet. Fortunately, his life was not in any danger. But he was still unconscious. I sat beside Sakura and I kissed her shoulder, "I'm sorry.." She shoved me away, her teary eyes glued to Sai. "Look what you fucking did.." Her voice shook as she said that, still avoiding eye contact with me. "I'm really sorry.." I held her hand but she brushed me off again. "Don't touch me, don't touch me ever again!" She stormed out of the room, leaving me alone with Sai.

I decided not to chase after her because I wanted to give her some time to calm down.. "What do you think I should do, Sai?" I asked to the unconscious man and it felt like I was speaking to myself. "I really screwed up this time, didn't I?" A lump in my throat grew as I continue talking, but it became harder and harder to speak. Tears were brimming my eyes. I screwed up big time, there was no question about it. I sighed heavily,my mind replaying the memory of the scene. I severely regret it. If I didn't pull the trigger, none of this would have happened. Sai would still be by my side, comforting me on the drug bust.

Maybe he would have even solved the mystery and found the bastard.

I shouldn't have pulled that fucking trigger.