Want me dead

*Naruto's Point of view*

BANG!
My gun dropped to the floor.
My ears were ringing and my vision was blurred from the shock.

I see silhouette behind Sai, Sai was still frozen in shock.

"How gullible are you, Naruto?" A voice that sounded miles away mocked me.

As soon as I regained my vision and thoughts, I felt the sting in my hand and saw red coming out of it.

"I told you to take care of yourself, not to kill yourself." I redirected my eyes to the silhouette behind Sai.

He still seemed blurry..
but it was clear to see who it was.

It was Sasuke.

"I didn't need your saving, Sasuke! Do you know what you just fucking did?!" The bullet grazed my hand and shot straight through Gaara's shoulder.

After all this time, he came for me..
He's finally here.
But it wasn't time to settle scores with him, my first priority is the safety of my love ones.

"I do. I saved your ungrateful ass."

Gaara winced in pain as he put pressure onto the shoulder wound. "So.. You are Sasuke Uchiha."

"Yes, I am the man you want dead." Sasuke smirked, as if mocking the injured man.
"Sai, get to Sakura, now!" I instructed firmly but as Sai was about to take a step forward, Sasuke extended his arm, blocking my right hand man from moving.

"What the fuck are you doing?! Sakura and Kiba are in danger, you both want me dead. So, keep them out of this!" I yelled out to both Gaara and Sasuke.

Sasuke shook his head, "They are safe."

I don't know why but I felt a sense of relief when he said that. Even though, I knew I couldn't trust him.

"Sakura won't die, she's someone special to you.. is she not?" He looked up at me, but his eyes darted to the person behind me. Gaara.

Am I overthinking this?
That statement was made towards me, but he was clearly looking at Gaara.

"Let's not waste each other's time. You might as well pull that trigger now." Gaara glared at the gun man across the room who was pointing the barrel straight between his eyes.

They are clearly in a conversation with each other now.. But what the hell are they going on about? Gaara and Sakura...?

My heart sank as I realised I might have been fooled by Sakura again.

I felt so stupid.
And so betrayed.

"Let's pay our lover a visit." Sasuke bolted behind me, grabbing Gaara by the throat. Pushing onto his windpipe, Gaara swung backwards as he smashed through the large glass window behind him and shortly after, a loud crash could be heard.

"Let's meet him downstairs." The Uchiha walked out of Gaara's office without any explanation and I still stunned by everything that had happened in the past 10 minutes. There was just too much to process.

"You coming?" He rested his palm on the door frame as he waited for me.

Wait..
He isn't going to kill me?

I looked over to Sai, who was equally confused as I was. I cautiously walked over to him and we made our way to the ground floor. Thankfully, Gaara's office was only on the second floor. I'm sure he could live through that..

Right?

As we arrived on driveway where Gaara landed, many bodies of his members were bleeding out or simply dead.

Sasuke did it again.
He manage to assassinate everyone on guard by himself. I only manage to see at least 20 unconscious bodies as we were on our way down.
I can only pray my members who were under cover were given mercy.

Gaara was barely breathing but Sasuke could care less as he violently dumped the almost lifeless body into the back of a car.

Sai and I got into the car, "How do you know where Sakura is?" I slammed the passenger door shut as I questioned him.

"I know everything." He smirked as he started up the car.

"Stop fooling around, Uchiha. You were out to kill me!" I raised my voice at him. "It's called a Distraction." His eyes glued to the road.

Distraction..?

"I knew Gaara was responsible for the attacks and I knew that with my disappearance, he would be after you. I had to attack his head quarters to divert the attention back to me. The only thing that went not according to my plan, was you killing yourself." Sasuke shook his head as he steered out of Gaara's headquarters.

"You didn't think I'd let someone get away with screwing with us, did you?" His eyes finally darted to mine. It caught me off guard. His intense coal eyes.. yet something about his eyes gets so gentle when he looks at me.

I almost choked as I caught myself getting lost in his deep eyes.

"T-then.. why did you sent Shino to kill me?" I looked away from him and onto the never ending road.

"Don't believe everything you hear. I didn't send him to kill you. I sent him to kill Sakura. But it seems like I'm one day late."

"But.. Why kill Sakura?" I asked.

"She was part of Gaara's plan and you caught the bait." He explained as he stopped the engine, parked in front of the hospital where Sakura was supposedly staying.

Fuck..
I'm so stupid.
I'm so stupid that I needed to allow a dead man  to come back to life in order to save me.
Again.
I have no one to blame but myself.

I keep putting my loved ones in danger, and it's all because I don't think enough.

How did I manage to run a gang for so long when I never once realised how incompetent I was?

It is no wonder Sasuke Uchiha took my throne so easily. I'm still no match for him.
He is always thinking three steps ahead of me.

Sasuke signalled Sai to drag Gaara's body out from the backseat and into the boot of the car. He could easily command anyone, striking fear and dominance into them.

We stormed into the hospital, heading straight for the wards.

"Naruto.." Kiba sighed out of relief before running up to me and embracing me. As soon as he hugged me, he could see Sasuke Uchiha right behind me. My partner almost drew his gun, but I held him back. "Sasuke saved me." I unwillingly confessed.

"He.. saved you?"