trees

ship: alex x james
trigger warning: sad as fuck & mentions of suicide. stay safe x

"james stop!" alex laughed out, trying to squirm away from his boyfriend. james of course didn't listen and continued to attack his lovers sides.

"not 'til you admit it elmslie!" james replies back evilly.

alex threw his hands up in the air, "fine fine!" he yelled. "i'll admit it! j-just stop!" he giggled.

james nodded and released him, sitting up on the bed. he waited patiently for alex to say it. "the self titled album is better than vessel..." alex mumbled, looking away defeatedly.

a grin was placed on james' lips as he kissed his boyfriends cheek. "you know it babe!" alex pushed him away and called him a jerk.

alex looked away from the ceiling and to his phone, 3:16 in the morning.

his heart raced as the two sped walked into the arena, them being one of the first people there. "james hurry!" he pleaded, tugging his hand. james hurried up and the two ran to the front.

he looked over at james, a smile on his face. alex felt so many things in that moment. that day was the day he'd see his favourite band with his boyfriend, his other half. no words could explain how happy he felt.

alex leaned over and kissed james. "i love you." he whispered.

"i love you too." james whispered back.

looking at the lockscreen alex turned his phone off, tears already starting to swell.

james held alex as they yelled out the lyrics to every song. they felt incredible, better than any feeling they've ever felt.

the concert was coming to an end and trees started to play. alex knew his boyfriend had an emotional attachment with this song, so he held his side as james cried. they sang along and didn't think about this ending.

"i love you so much. thank you for just existing. for not leaving me." james sniffles as he kissed his boyfriends forehead.

hearing those words and know the reason behind them had alex's eyes tearing up as well. he smiled and nodded, "i love you too. i'm never leaving you."

alex looked to the empty side of his bed. "i kept my word, yet you left me.." he whispered, choking back a sob. alex closed his eyes as tears fell down his cheeks, he wish he knew then how much james really needed him. before it was too late, before james swallowed all those pills.

-
in time i will leave the city.
for now i will stay alive.