nightmare

ship: james x george

george stumbled into the living room, eyes watery as he hugged himself. he had just woken up from a nightmare and left his bed to go find his flatmate, instead finding james. there james was on the couch laying down, too busy on his phone to notice the upset 19 year old standing there.

"james.." he whined before hiccuping. george shifted on his sock covered feet, feeling cold since he only wore a sweater and boxers.

the whine caught james' attention as he looked away from his phone and towards where he heard his name be called from. he spotted a clearly upset george and he held back a coo. george looked so small and adorable.

james waved his hand at george, gesturing for him to come closer. "c'mere," he said turning his phone off, "come lay with me."

his voice was soft and gentle towards george, warming his heart. george smiled softly and walked over while wiping away his tears. once he got to james he furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "where do i lay?"

for a moment james stayed quiet, thinking about this thoroughly. in all honesty, james was in love with george. this might be his chance to show him how much he truly likes him. finally james spoke up, "lay on me. you're small enough." he grinned at george rolling his eyes.

george got on top of james, his head laying on his chest as he hugged him tightly. slowly james rested his hand on his back, rubbing soft circles. "what happened?" james asked slowly, not wanting to upset george.

"nightmare... i know it sounds lame 'n shite. but i get them a lot and usually don't go to anyone." george whispered back, feeling embarrassed and childish.

james' heart sank, "well that'll have to change. i want you to come to me anytime you do, ok?" he didn't want george to be alone when he was like this.

george just nodded, closing his eyes. "james, have you ever loved someone?" he randomly asks, just wanting to hear him talk some more.

a small chuckle left james' lips as he rubbed the person he's in love with's back. "definitely. i don't think i've ever truly experienced being in love 'til now. he's-" james paused to see if george would say anything about that.

but he didn't, so james continued. "he's so important to me. i love making him smile and laugh. whenever we film i have so much fun. i also get so upset when his fans don't appreciate. yeah i get they're joking, but i rarely see a positive thing about him. genuinely positive." james rambled and george listened the entire time.

he began to envy whenever james was in love with. george wanted someone- wanted james to care about him like that. obviously he wouldn't say this out loud.

"whoever you love is a real lucky guy..." george mumbled, looking up at him.

james smiled. "i'm glad you think that, considering its you."

george blushed furiously as his eyes widened. "r-really?"

laughing, james turned them so they were laying sideways. thankfully the couch was big enough so they were comfortable. "of course george." james replies, running his hand through george's hair.

he smiled happily, "thank you james. for saying all that. and being here after my little kid nightmare."

james nodded and pulled him close, feeling himself slowly drift off into sleep. "love you george.." he mumbled before fully falling asleep.

george smiled and nuzzled himself closer, "love you too james."

-
some pure fluff for you. it's pride month y'all.