slut

ship: will x james

getting close to will was a very hard thing. he talked to a lot of people, and they knew basic things about him. but almost know one truly knew will.

it wasn't that no one cares enough to try. it was the fact that he made it impossible. everyone he talked to at school, he never even acknowledged after school. no, if you sent him a message you'd be left on delivered. 'i wouldn't consider you people my friends, so why answer?' he would always say. no one was hurt, because it's not like they even considered him a friend either.

at some points in his life, will would crave a friend. he'd watch people laugh with their genuine friends and envy it. but he never acted on it, never attempted to have something like that as well.

but most of the time, will didn't mind being so alone. he spent his time in class ignoring 'friends' and instead reading book after book. like i said, he didn't mind being like this.

until he met james marriott.

when they met it was a bit awkward, will made everything awkward. but after a week they were laughing and making jokes like will had with all the other people he hung out with.

every time james asked a question about something will never told anyone, everyone would quiet down. would the secretive will open up? no, he wouldn't. will would change the subject by making a self deprecating joke. everyone soon forgot and moved on.

james didn't, though.

he thought about it for the rest of the day. why doesn't will share anything?

in one of wills classes it was just him and james who had it. james wanted to know him, he didn't want to be like everyone else. so, he sat next to will and was greeted with a small 'hey'.

"will." james said, looking at him.

will looked up, his face expressionless. "yeah?" he replied.

"please," he started "please just tell me about yourself." he sounded pathetic and desperate, but james really was desperate.

will was taken aback at that. no ones ever wanted to know anything. no one ever pushed him to talk to them. he... liked it?

before he could answer the teacher cleared their throat and announced there was a test that day. sighing, will mumbled 'after school' to james and they didn't speak again.

will was impatiently waiting for school to end now. james made him want to finally open up. it terrified him and excited him.

once school ended james waited for will outside and smiled once he saw him. they walked to a nearby park, their friends' face shocked at will hanging out with someone after school. the silence was comfortable between them on the walk there.

they got to the park and sat in the playground. will saw the big gap between them and scooted closer without thinking.

"why do you wanna know about me?" will was the first to speak and he didn't think he'd say that, but he at least said something.

james looked at him, "you just seem fascinating. plus i can't just like you based off your looks. though you are very attractive." he said it so nonchalant that will didn't register the compliment at first.

"o-oh, thanks?" he sounded pathetically dumbfounded.

james smiles while saying for him to start anywhere he'd like. and that's what will did, he finally let out all the stress he kept inside his head.

"people say that all kids hate their parents at some point in time. but you don't get it, james. she's a terrible human being." will rambled, looking up at james.