Can we stay?

Peach wiped her forehead, she had been helping with decorations for hours, she looked at a koopa, "Is that it?"

  The koopa folded the boxes, then stacked them into a pile, "No, but you can take a break, we'll be fine."

  Peach shook her head, her eyes held a determined spark, "I'm okay, what's left?"

  The koopa took out some candles from the box, "We just need to put the candles around the room and we'll be done."

  Peach took a candle, turning it in her hands, it was small, but it was nicely crafted, "Well that doesn't seem too hard."

  The koopa smiled, Peach tried her best with everything, her spirit was much appreciated. The koopa grabbed some of the candles and was ready to help Peach. Peach went to the tables, then proceeded to place a candle in the candle holder.

  Bowsette walked in to check on how the decorations were, her mouth hung in awe at the sight. The room had star lanterns placed on the pillars, a midnight rug, and the candles were being placed into the candle holders.

  Bowsette approached Peach and the koopa with a smile, "You two are making this place look better than it has in a while."

  Peach warmly smiled, "It wasn't easy, without the koopas helping me, I wouldn't have been able to help."

  "Oh, but all I've done is hold up a ladder and carry supplies, you did the rest."

  Bowsette rolled her eyes, the koopas seemed to love Peach, and Peach seemed to love them, though that love did cause these silly arguements.

  "No, no, you did-"

  "Okay, Peach, we get it, you love them." Bowsette had a teasing grin on her face.

  Peach's face turned taffy as she realized she was arguing over who helped more, "Oh, um-- sorry."

  "No, I'm s-" Bowsette covered the koopa's mouth, she didn't want another pointless argument.

  Peach giggled, then returned to decorating, she was excited for the party, 'I wonder if...' Peach's thoughts wandered to the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario still hadn't come to save her, was he okay, or did he... give up?

  "No, what silly thoughts, he'll come soon..." Peach's heart ached, but she didn't really want Mario to save her, "This is my home now, I'm-- happy here."

  "Peach?" Peach looked up and realized she was thinking out loud, "Are-- you okay?"

  Peach smiled; but her heart cracked at the look of concern on Bowsette's face, "Yeah, I'm fine."

  Peach ran out of candles to place, Bowsette had something to ask, but she bit her tongue. Peach took Bowsette's hand and started walking to their room.

  "Hey, Peach?" Bowsette looked down at the carpet.

  "Yes, Bow?" Peach continued walking, but Bowsette wiggled her hand out of Peach's grip.

  "Are you-- happy here?"

  Peach turned to Bowsette, confusion painted her features, "Why wouldn't I be?"

  Bowsette bit her lip, "Well, Mario usually saves you, fights Bowser, then you return to your kingdom. Happy ending! Right?" Bowsette took Peach's hand, raised their hands in front of their faces, and intertwined their fingers. "That's what you want, right?"

  Peach's eyes widened, her voice was quiet, "No," she tightened her grip on Bowsette's hand, and tears started to form in her eyes. "I love you, to bob-bombs with Mario! I- you-- you've made me so happy! I don't know what I would do without you at this point..."

  Bowsette's cheeks flared up, her heart broke at the sight of Peach's tears, "We'll be our own happy ending then." Peach looked up, tears continued to fall from her eyes, "No Mario! No fighting! Just us, our kingdoms, we can unite them! Just like when our grandparents ruled." 

  Peach's face lit up, her tears turning to ones of happiness, "The rose and lily can be one again!" Bowsette nodded, picked Peach up, and kissed Peach on the lips.