Why Am I Doing This?

"Ugh! Where are they?" Magikoopaette looked around the ballroom, no Bowsette or Peach in sight. Magikoopaette slammed her fist into the wall, "Damn it!" Her head was spinning, her heart was pounding, but -- why?

  'I feel sick, I --" Magikoopaette's eyes widened, a new feeling filled her as she started to breathe and feel her heart calm. 'Why do I want to hurt them?'

  "Hey, why are you crying?"

  Magikoopaette glanced up to see a girl with a blonde ponytail, huge horns, and a spiky tail. She took off her glasses and wiped her tears on her long hanging sleeve. The dress she wore was too big for her, almost reaching the floor, her hat nearly covering her eyes, and her glasses nearly falling off when she put them back on. She sniffled and hid behind her hat, "Th-the kids said I-I was -- an abomi-abomi-mination."

  The blond girl took Magikoopaette's hand, "I guess that makes two of us then."

  Magikoopaette looked up at her, "H-how are you-you not cry-cr-crying?"

  The girl tilted her head, looking down at Magikoopaette, she stayed silent for a moment. The stillness was almost peaceful in a way, "Well, why would I? That's what they want."

  Magikoopaette's eyes were wide, she looked at the floor, holding onto that thought, "Huh..."

*****

 "It's-I-May- Iwishtobeyourfriend! Wouldyoubemyfriend?" Magikoopaette said quickly, she cowered behind her staff, and outstretched a hand to Peach. Peach felt relief and confusion flood her mind at this, Peach bit her lip, and took Magikoopaette's hand. Magikoopaette slowly stopped cowering behind her staff and smiled, "Th-th-than-k you, pr-princess!"

Peach awkwardly laughed, "Peach is fine, y-"

"O-okay, P-Peach!"

Magikoopaette covered her mouth, 'I'm just -- done being played, I just -- wanted to show -- I could do -- something... But with that, I tried to hurt the two people that actually cared about me...' Magikoopaette uncovered her mouth and realization hit her, "Wait..." Magikoopaette's eyes widened, "I a-already have been -- I let -- let myself be played."

  'I- I have to make this right!' She looked at the tables, a determined look formed on her face. She walked over to the tables and lifted the tablecloth, there the creatures were, wide eyed, and confused.

  "What are yo-"

  "You're coming with me!"

  "Wh-"

  Magikoopaette pointed her staff at the creatures, "Come with me or I disintegrate you right here and now!" The creatures shook, some held each other, none moved to leave though. Her staff lit up, "Are you going to comply or, will I have to..." The creatures started to quickly crawl out from under the table. Magikoopaette turned to leave, her heels clicking as she walked, the creatures scrambling to follow her.

*****

  Magikoopaette walked down the steep stairwell, the dim lighting made it a challenge to see, she used her staff to brighten up the room. She saw the familiar iron bars, she looked back at the group, 'Keep it together, throw them in and done!'

  A creature started to take notice of  what was going on, "Wait, you aren't..."

  Her eyes were filled with anger, the creature stopped talking, "I am, and?" She waited for the creature to continue, but they didn't. "No more? Good, you must've remembered what I can do." She opened the metal door, none of them went in.

  "I knew it..."

  Magikoopaette rolled her eyes, she spoke between gritted teeth, "Ah, Hiki, you joined us." Magikoopaette's voice and stare were emotionless.

  "You have to make this difficult, of course!" Hiki howled with hollow laughter, just repeating "of course". "I knew you couldn't do it!"

  Magikoopaette had an annoyed look on her face, of course Hiki had to be like this. "Get in the cell!"

  Hiki let out a little giggle, stepping toward Magikoopaette, her footsteps somehow silent. "Make me."

  Magikoopaette rolled her eyes and with out hesitation picked the small bobbed haired girl up. "Hey, wait! I didn't think you would actually do it!" Hiki kicked, screamed, and wailed; Magikoopaette didn't react. "This is abuse of my height disadvantage!"

  Magikoopaette sat Hiki in cell, then took her staff, "Who is next?"

  The creatures looked at each other in awe, "You know -- maybe the cell isn't too bad after all, I'm just gonna -- go in." The rest of the creatures started to join Hiki, not wanting to be disintegrated.

  "Don't think you'll be alone now," Magikoopaette's icy voice said, closing the door. "I won't be out here much longer." She started walking up the stairwell, it was her turn to be turned in.