The Garden

Bowsette led Peach through the halls holding Peach's hand and Bowsette was done with crying for that day. Bowsette stopped in the garden, the garden was quiet and serene. Peach said nothing, Bowsette huffed, and continued walking. Peach picked up her pace to catch up to Bowsette.

  "What did you see?" Bowsette asked, she didn't want to push, but she wanted to understand more.

  Peach started to shake, she remembered seeing herself standing over her kingdom, setting fire to it, and watching it burn. Bowsette looked away, she only had caused more pain with her question. Peach stayed silent and looked down.

  "Well, do you... like the garden?" Bowsette asked awkwardly changed the subject.

  "Yes..." Peach answered quietly.

  Bowsette bit her lip, "You... really love your... kingdom, huh?"

  Peach nodded, "Yeah, the toads are my family."

  Bowsette wished she could look at the other koopas as family, but it just wasn't possible for her, "That sounds nice."

  "Yeah, almost everyday was a nice day, every toad helped the other, and I helped with arguments and where they should build stuff."

  "And none recommended defense?" Bowsette laughed.

  "Yeah, maybe I should've recommended that." Peach chuckled.

  "You would have never gotten here in the first place." Bowsette shrugged.

  "Yeah..." Peach looked down at the ground.

   "But, hey, you-um," Bowsette tried to think, "I-um-the koopas seem to like you and your decorations lighten up the place a bit."

  Peach looked up, "You liked my decorations?"

  Bowsette battled between truth and moving on to another subject, "They're... nice, I haven't really decorated before, but it's nice touch to the castle."

  Peach's eyes lit up, "I'm so happy you like them!"

  Bowsette chuckled, "You're that happy?"

  "Yes, I worked hard on those!"

  Bowsette couldn't help, but laugh at Peach's determination with decorations. Bowsette stopped in front of the large oak tree, "He kept it for all these years."

  Peach looked at Bowsette, "Is this tree important?"

  Bowsette laughed, "Yeah, my brother and I use to play around it."

  "Oh..." Peach looked up at the tree.

  Bowsette sat down under the tree and patted the space next to her, "Come on, sometimes sitting under here, and thinking helps." Peach hesitantly sat next to Bowsette and let her mind start to roam.

  Peach felt darkness consume her as she closed her eyes, she waited for light, but light never followed, she wandered in her mind and felt her mind go somewhere else. Peach saw a younger her walk toward the front door.

  "Dear where are you going?" that voice sounded so familiar, Peach turned, and saw her mother.