1

12th March 2007

Today was awful again, I didn't talk to anyone and couldn't wait to leave the place. The only good thing that came out of today was that I got to go to rehearsals.

The teacher thinks I am really good and 'have a natural talent' for it which I guess is good.

I still don't know what to write in here really and think it's stupid that an 18 year old boy keeps a diary, she just thinks it will help to 'write my thoughts down'.. Whatever that means.

15th March 2007

Today went okay, I managed to hand in my essay for English and I just hope I pass. All I want to do is pass everything and continue to study Drama and go to Drama school. That's my ultimate goal, but I feel like I'm a year behind everyo

"What the fuck are you doing in here?!" Phil's voice bellows through the room and Taron quickly closes his diary in a hurry.
"Just writing some stuff down"
Taron shrugs, trying hard not to show how scared he was of his step dad. How much he wished his real dad never left his mum, how badly he just wants to be a happy family again.
"About your feelings? Y'know I told your mother not to send you to that place. You're a man - you're meant to just deal with this shit. Why are you so pathetic?!" Phil spits his words, his large build looming over Taron who is sat on the floor with his back against his single bed. In his small room, the smallest in the house because Phil insisted on the larger one be for Becca - the evil step sister Taron had involuntarily inherited.

"Phil c'mon please, leave him alone!" Taron's mum calls from downstairs, her voice is desperate yet weak. She didn't stand a chance against him, none of them in that house did. They all knew that one wrong move could end very badly.
Phil looks over his shoulder in the direction of his prisoned wife before stepping closer towards Taron. Kneeling down beside him, his face so close that Taron could smell the musk of cigarettes and the beer on his breath.
"If you say as much as a word to that therapist of yours about me, or this house I will kill you - do you understand me?" Phill hisses lowly so only Taron could hear the threat.

A lump forms in Tarons throat as he says quietly, "Just don't hurt my mum"

But Phil just snorts in response, making his huge beer gut lift and fall back to almost touching the floor as he kneels before Taron.

"Pathetic" He mumbles as he leaves Taron alone once again.

But the brave face floods off of him and all Taron can do is breakdown in tears, shaking and sniffing like a child.How long was this going to go on for? How long could Phil keep this lovingly innocent mother and son hostage in this cage?