Chapter 32: Peculiar

"Good luck you guys, have a safe trip." I said while waving at Team RWBY.

"We'll be back before you know it!" Ruby said smiling widely.

"Hey! Aren't you at least going to say goodbye to us?" A familiar person wrapped their arms around me.

"Of course, how could I forget you Nora." I smiled.

"Aww, don't worry Y/N. I'll miss you too!" She said.

"All right Team RWBY, it's time for us to go!" Oobleck said.

"See you guys in a week!" Yang said.

Nora let go of me and Ruby, Yang, Weiss and Blake hugged me. For once in a while, I blushed, they later released me and I could see their faces having a tint of pink. The four of them soon left along with Doctor Oobleck, I then face Team JNPR and hugged both Pyrrha and Nora. I look at Jaune and saw him giving me a thumbs up and I did it as well. After the hug, it was now their turn to leave. I look to my side and saw Velvet, she looks at me and waved and I waved back. She and her team got inside the bullhead and it later take off.

"So you done now?" Aster asked me.

"Yeah, let's go." I said and we began walking back inside the academy.

As we walk, I noticed my cousin being quiet since this morning. I wanted to ask her if anything's wrong but I guess she is doing fine and just probably thinking again. We got inside our dorm and I sat on my bed, the other two seem to be doing their own thing but I noticed Nixium just sitting on her bed, she looks like she's deep in thought. I look at her worriedly and decided to ask her.

"Hey, Nixium. Everything good?" I asked.

No response. She must've been so deep in thought that she isn't aware of her surroundings anymore. I stand up from my bed and approach her, I wave my hand up and down in front of her face and she didn't even move the slightest. It's as if she is a statue. I then began to snap my fingers multiple times and then she suddenly snapped back.

"H-huh?" She looks at me with a surprise expression.

"Can I ask is everything good? You've been quiet and spaced out since this morning." I said looking at her worriedly.

"Oh I'm fine, just deep.... in thought." She said.

"I think it's more than just that, you're acting a bit odd right now. Are you sure nothing's wrong?" Aster asked.

"When I said I'm fine, I'm fine. Now if you'll excuse me, I still have a box of donuts to get." She stands up and exits the room.

"I guess she's back to normal now." I said.

"Not really, she's probably just acting normally then when she's out of our sight she'll be acting oddly again. Did something happened to her these past few days?" Aster asked me.

"I'm not sure, but I'll try and find out what's bothering her." I said.

"I forgot, we still have training. Let's meet up in Professor Goodwitch's combat class in a couple minutes." He said before grabbing his weapons and leaving.

I grab both Dark and Light and later exited the room as well and look for Nixium. I walked around the area near our dorm and saw that she isn't here, so I walk away further until I saw her walking through the hallway I'm in. I then began to approach her and now I'm walking beside her. The frown on her face made me a bit worried and the fact that she didn't even acknowledged by presence got me more worried. I stand in front of her and she seems to go back to normal.

"What is it?" She looks at me with her calm and narrow eyes.

"You can always tell us if there's something bothering you right?" I said.

"Of course I will, I already told you I'm only thinking. There's nothing wrong with me." She said.

"What you said isn't gonna convince me. Aside from that, we still have training in a few minutes. Here." I hand her Light and she looks at it then at me.

The two of us walk our way to Professor Goodwitch's combat class and soon we arrive and saw Aster standing in front of the arena. He heard the door opening and looks back to see us.

"Oh good, you're finally here. Let's hurry and finish this training already." He said.

The two of us got in the arena and prepared our weapons, I stand across from Nixium while Aster stands outside of the arena as a spectator. He gave us the sign and the two of us began our training. The process of the training is continuously repeated then afterwards we began to have a duel to test and improve our strength. I noticed that Nixium is really focused on this fight and you could say she has also improved. She treats this training as if this is a life and death situation, which is odd for her to do. After about half an hour of dueling, Aster halted us and steps in the arena.

"How about a one on one against me? So who's first?" Aster grabs his red and green blades.

"I'll go first then." I said.

"Sure." He said.

Nixium steps out of the arena and sat down while both me and Aster get into position. About three seconds later we dash towards each other and clashed our blades. I slash my sword at him but he dodged it and attempted to kick me on the side but I leaped back and it was his turn to attack me. I blocked one of his blades but the other hit me by my arm. Charging towards him again, I strike. He my attack with his blades and pushed me back using it, which it made me almost lose my balance. We continuously block, dodge and attack each other for about a few minutes until we became a bit tired. I look at Aster while panting and see him standing straight, he started to slowly walk towards me while gripping on his weapons. I prepared myself for his attack but he just stopped and stand in front of me.

This made me confused until he suddenly throws his weapons up in the air causing me to look up, but what I didn't expect was that I got tackled to the ground by him and retrained me in a headlock.

"Never let your guard down, that's one of the prioritized rules in fighting." Aster said before letting me go.

He stands up and helped me stand up. I pick up Dark from the ground and Aster grabs his weapons. We look to where Nixium is and saw her with her eyes closed. The two of us approached her and I kneel down in front of her and poke her nose, she didn't respond to this but instead she leaned closer to me and now her head is against.

"Aaand she got tired. We'll continue our training tomorrow, let's go." Aster said, sheathing his weapons and grabbing Light and Dark.

I picked up my cousin and she is now sleeping peacefully in my arms. We exited the room and head our way to our dorm. Because of most of the students and exchange students currently away for their first missions, the whole academy has became a bit quiet. Finally, we arrived in front of her dorm and enter inside. I place Nixium on her bed and let her sleep there, I look at Aster and saw him placing Light and Dark on the side.

"Got any more ideas on what should we do this week instead of just training?" I asked.

"Not really, but let's just fo what we please. I'm sure Nixium there won't approve of it." Aster replied.

"Didn't expect her to fall asleep after training." I said.

"Let's just leave her be for now, I'm sure we'll know what's on her mind sooner." He said.

"Yeah, I guess."