Spider Threads

Last Time:

"Yes ... her name is Naruko Uzumaki, she has the power of a demon in her and the blood of the fourth hokage. You will find nobody better to breed the next generation of Uchihas." Danzo said and gave the boy a picture of Naruko when she was in the village, but edited to make her look relatively healthy ...

XXXXXXXXXX

A deep blue spider scuttled under the bed only pausing briefly to check on the sudden sound from the bathroom. It was just the sound of the spray from the shower being turned on so the little spider continued the trek under the bed. After bypassing a few scrolls it came to a spot with two other spiders.

"She's in the shower so let's bring them out." The little spider exclaimed excitedly.

The biggest spider chuckled, "Ok, calm down, Nina. Why don't you and Tina go get the presents and I'll grab the things we'll need for the graduation test?"

"Ok, Clara!" The two smaller spiders exclaimed before scuttling to get a set of colorful packages hidden under the bed. Nina and Tina crawled on one package each and connected a strand of their threads to them. With the threads in place they crawled away with the packages being dragged with them.

Clara eye smiled with all eight of her eyes as Tina's thread broke and had to reattach it, "Make the thread a little thicker and make more stick to the package for more grip." She suggested helpfully.

After seeing the other spider make the necessary tweaks Clara moved on to view the scrolls under the bed. Each time she passed one that would be helpful she simply lifts her thorax and, with more skill than the other two spiders, shoots a thread at the handle. With four scrolls attached to her she began casually towing them out from under the bed and up to the ceiling to suspend them over the bed where she could lower them on the orange bedspread. Moving her load took less time to complete than Nina and Tina's, who were still climbing up the wall with the gifts, so she dropped down to the floor to look for anything else they might need.

A quick look around revealed a box, "It's hard to believe she will be meeting them soon ... well if they're as kind as they seem in their letters everything should be fine." She commented as the two smaller spiders crawled up to her.

"We need that little package-awww, you found Kakashi and Jiraiya's letters!" Tina cooed at the box of memories.

Nina sighed, "I remember how scared Naruko was when Jade explained about Kakashi and showed her a picture. Even when she told Naruko that it was unlikely that Kakashi hurt her or helped the civilians hurt her she still looked at the letter like a monster would lea out of the words. I timed it. It took two and a half hours to try actually reading the letter. After that though she loved getting their letters and writing to them."

"Yes, she was even when Kakashi took months to respond one time. I loved the apology letter from Tsunade. It was funny to find out she sent both Jiraiya and Kakashi to the hospital for not telling her everything going on sooner without realizing Naruko was waiting for a reply." Clara shivered in amusement as she scuttled over to another scroll marked 'old gear'. "We might need these too." She commented and connected the thread to it with one shot.

Tina cocked her head slightly and clacked her pointed fangs, "Are you sure? Naruko uses our threads now so she wouldn't need the gloves any more."

"True, but this isn't like that three week survival trip the class took three years ago." Clara remarked as she started hauling the scroll up to the bed with the other scrolls.

Nina squeaked in delight as a little pink box was revealed when the scroll was moved, "Found the poison kit!" The two wrapped their threads around the handle and base so it would fall open during transit and began dragging the kit along next to Clara. "That was a fun test even if Naruko, Haru and Sana got in trouble for bringing pre packaged food."