School Time

Last Time:

Yobaba glanced at her fellow advisor, "What's got you so smug lately?"

"Revenge is sweet." Yumi smirked cryptically as she skimmed a new report about Konoa's recent treaty problems ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Jade returned from a quick stop at the clinic and looked for Naruko, "Naruko? Where are you? ... Naruko? ... Naruko, answer right now!" panic began to build as she extended her senses to find her daughter ... she wasn't in the house. Both floors were empty of chakra signatures. "Oh no no ... what if something happ- ... the training grounds! She better not have! I told her not to train without me around!" She exclaimed as she jumped up and onto the roof with ease and jumped again landing in the backyard.

Just beyond their backyard was a clearing where Jade set up some dummies and targets. It took the seasoned ninja seconds to get there and she froze in horror at the sight of her little blonde child lying out cold on the ground with her micro fiber gloves on, "Naruko!" she quickly went over and examined the girl before sighing in immense relief. "Oh good, she just tired herself out ... she's so stubborn. I swear it's like we really are related." The raven chuckled softly as she scooped the girl up.

The medic only left to check on her patients for a few hours and to apply a few 'X only' jutsus to a few active breeders. Normally, she'd have her friend stop over to watch her while she was at the Breeder Clinic, but she wasn't going to be gone long this time so she let Naruko stay alone this once ... and it won't happen again.

With great care the suspended ninja laid her cute little girl on the bed in Naruko's room. Once the gloves were slipped off and placed on the side table she removed the shoes and tucked Naruko into bed. With the little blonde safe she went to put their shoes away where they should be before returning to going back to wait for Naruko to wake up. As she waited she tidied up the room.

Kunais laying on the floor were put away and the several scraps of papers from sealing practice were tossed in the trash. As Jade neatened up a pile of scrolls on the little desk blue eyes fluttered open ...

"Hmmm ... what happened?" The blonde blinked.

"Why don't you tell me, Naruko." Jade somehow kept a stern face on even when those big blue eyes widened in shock. The ninja placed her hands on her hips. "Well Naruko ..."

Naruko fiddled with the blanket nervously, she knew she was in trouble. "I'm sorry, mommy."

"Sorry for ..." Jade started waiting for Naruko to explain and prove that she understood the situation.

"I'm sorry for practicing with my weapon without you being around." answered the little blonde. A month ago this happened and she was terrified that she would be sent back to Konoha, but Jade said that that will never happen. All that happened was Naruko had her library scrolls taken for a while and no dessert. Granted, it still scared her every now and then. She would suddenly make a tiny mistake and actually see the villagers swarming. It was still her biggest fear, but Jade said that the people of her former village were fools and they lost their chance to care for her. Jade says she won't ever give Naruko back now. She is the little blonde's mother and that won't change.

Jade saw that small flicker of fear pass through her daughter's eyes and smiled softly as she kneeled next to the low child sized bed, "Do you understand why you shouldn't do that alone?"

"Weapons are dangerous and I could get hurt." Naruko said softly. She knows what weapons can do, but it's because people have used them on her before. An adorable little squeak slipped past her lips as she was pulled into her mother's arms and cuddled.