"You're much too kind, my noble lord" she responded back, although the last thing she wished to do was boast his ego. "What has brought you all this way."

"I just wanted to offer my condolences on your broken nuptials, I fear that our king has made a great mistake." His tone was sincere, and although the last of his words seemed surprising it was never shown on the women's face.

Victoria nodded her head, "Yes well, circumstances change and we all have to adjust. Your king has married another and I have taken leadership of my house, I suppose things could be worse."

"Aye they could be much worse for you, my lady." He respondes back. "And yet still, it pains me to know your rightful spot was taken by some foreign whore, one who has brought us nothing but more perils."

Victoria lifted a brow to the way he spat foreign whore, she had no doubt in her mind that those very words had been said about her not long ago—possibly by the same man.

Instead of adding fuel to his fire she decided that changing the subject would better do and softly questioned, "yes well— I do appreciate the support, my lord, however the King has chosen his queen."

"And yet most still refer to you as the queen, the only queen I'd acknowledge." He quipped back.

Victoria raised a brow to this, "I'd imagine most of you would have hated me for leaving."

"Some do, and some of us question what exactly the motives were. Revenge? Strategy? Maybe a ploy to destroy us all." The way he spoke sent a twinge of surprise in Lady Valinete's mind, the northern lord had always come across as more of a fighter then a thinker but his words said otherwise. He was much more perspective, that much was apparent and judging by the way he stared at her as he finished he too was intercepting her body language.

Victoria refrained from smiling, and decided perhaps a bit of truth was better then a blatant lie. "Lord Karstark, there are times when what is right is not always seen that way at the moment. In history there have always been vital turning points during war that in the very moment seemed wrong, but are worthwhile."

His silent observation kept her intrigued, watching as the man calculates her response. Lord Karstark has as much faith in southern lords as he did in the Targaryens some said, and unlucky for her she was both. Fortunately they shared a common denominator, the dislike for the Kings new bride.

"Quite right, Lady Valiente. Although this talk about what is right and wrong must be tiring for you."his change of subject was as expected.

"Quit right," She retorted back, growing tired of the loitered talk, she wanted him to get to the important part.

"Lady Valiente, I believe you haven't met my son, Harald Karstark, he's fought valiantly in many battles." He stepped back to reveal the son, tall and a bit older he made sure to stand as straight as he could and looked directly into her eyes.

He took a step forward, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles, bowing, "quite the honor, my lady."

Victoria bowed out of courtesy, his hands were cold and rough, and she was reminded of Robb. Although he held firmly there was no comparison to Robb's, this mans were too big, nothing like the way the kings had fit with her. She hated to think of him but the idea of this man being by her side, repulsed her and the child that grew inside her.

"It is a pleasure," she said sweetly, lips pulling into a smile. "I do believe you gentlemen have yet to meet my trusted advisors. " She turned back towards her loyal knight who's blue eyes questioned what she did as she spoke, "this is Sir Marcos Trout, my loyal knight and pledged sword." Trout held onto the belt of his pants, and nodded his head to the men. Victoria then turned towards Elaine, noting how strong she looked despite the obvious fear in her eyes. "And this is Lady Elaine, my handmaiden, and trusted advisor."