T H I R T Y - E I G H T

FIVE MONTHS LATER

FIVE MONTHS LATER

It's been 5 moons since what is now know as the red wedding, the realm seems at peace now, at least from a distance.

Victoria sits on the bench near her parents graves, her breaths are deep and the sounds of the waves accompany her intakes. Her eyes are closed as she takes in the cool breeze passing and Greywind's deep breathing is slowly putting her to sleep, she hasn't been able to do much of it since nearing the end of her pregnancy. Both hands pressed lightly over her belly she feels at peace, serene to the circumstances around her, something still not accustom.

"You're awake early, your Lady Elaine will grow weary of where you are when she wakes up."

Oberyn Martell appears, she'd heard him walking up from a distance, he'd been kicking dead leaves around the graveyard while he approached. She knew her uncle could be as silent as the night, and yet out of respect for her he always gently announced his presence rather then surprise. It was what most people did now for her, since escaping the twins she had been on edge for a long time, often she couldn't sleep alone at first, but now it had lessened.

"I'm sure my guards have alerted Lord Monterroso to my location," she softly stated and her eyes trailed over to the pair of guards a distance away, they didn't ever leave her side, not even when she slept. Round the clock someone would be there, ready to defend her, it was a promise her Uncle Doran had made her and entrusted Lord Monterroso to execute. "He's like a hawk, refuses to let me so much as walk the gardens."

Oberyn laughed softly, taking a seat on the bench across and admiring his beautiful niece. She looked so much like his cousin, Amara, but with her growing belly and the trouble look on her face she appeared like Elia. He decided not to voice his thoughts, after all she had survived what most Dornish royalty didn't, the Lannisters. "The maesters expect you to go into labor at any moment, you shouldn't have even gone on this walk."

Victoria laughed softly, "uncle, you know that the women of our family rarely listen to the word no."

He nodded in agreement, "oh I know quite well."

"I can't sleep," she murmured softly after a moment of silence. "Every night I see Robb's body propped up, that wolf they killed for him. Did you know they still say they killed the king in the north and his dog? Did you hear how they threw his body in a river alongside his mothers? How they slit her throat to the bone? How they murdered his wife by stabbing her in her pregnant belly?"

He nodded his head, "my spies tell me, Lord Frey, was more upset you killed his own sons then the idea of them attacking you. You fought back well, they said he bled out for quite some time."

"I had too," she mentioned and rubbed her belly. "I needed to, Robb begged me of it."

"It's funny," Oberyn adjusted in his seat and grew more comfortable, "when you talk about him to most you speak with such anger, there's so much animosity there it's almost as if you're glad he's dead." Victoria looked up, meeting his eyes, she gulped as he spoke. "And yet when you speak of his death, of these fleeting moments you two had I see it, this sparkle in your eyes it's all I can see. You loved him, and it was so strong you still love him."