T W E N T Y-N I N E

"There's another waiting, my lady

"There's another waiting, my lady."

Victoria barely heard her lady in waiting, eyes cast to the brilliant flames that brew from the small fire keeping her tent warm. Most of her things had already been packed, destined for another trip closer to the south and its capitol, all except the raging fire that burned brightly as it brought light to the empty spaces of her makeshift home.

She looked up, her eyes blankly staring at the blonde, "who is it now?" She was tired of constantly having to see new suitors and their families. Since Robb's marriage and claiming her own title of acting Lady there had been many northern men coming to speak with her, most promising sweet nothings had they married. She saw past all of them, and waved them away with empty promises.

The handmaiden swallowed thickly, alerting her Lady that there was more. "Lord Karstark and his son."

"Oh," the Dornish Lady said softly, sighing and straightening her back. "Well, let them come in."

The handmaid bowed and walked softly out, a few mumbled words outside being spoken.

"Best we hurry this along, else they leave without us, my lady," Ser Trout spoke behind her softly.

"It would be better if we didn't have to do this at all." She remarked back in annoyance, standing towards the table where a pitcher, chalice, and plate of berries were placed. She picked at the raspberries, relishing in her pregnant desires and downing the water set there. "I'm tired of this. I don't want to marry anyone."

Trout stayed quiet, finding her eyes looking at him with determination as her hand suddenly cradled her belly ever so softly. He knew how broken she truly was, how beneath all the fine fabric and elegant hair she still sobbed at nights, and most days when she was absentminded her hands would clasp around her belly and the ghost of smiles would appear upon her lips. It was the only happiness he saw from her, the only sincere one.

"I know, a few more moons and we can go home. I promise you, my lady, I will get you and your child home." He stated with sincerity. "I've never broken a promise to you."

To this he swore, the women he loved would live a life of leisure with a child that would never betray her. She deserved better then silently pinning after a man that would never give her the world she deserved.

"No, no you haven't," She responded, smiling gently as once more she held her child.

"Lady Valiente," the booming voice of a Karstark was heard.

Ser Trout nodded just as the Karstark men entered her quarters and she once more plastered a fake smile to her face, he caught the eye roll before her body turned back. Elaine walked ahead of them, head lifted although the worry in her eyes was apparent. She hastily made her way behind the Lady's and stood behind her.

"Lord Karstark, what a welcome surprise!" Her hands dropped to clasp together tightly.

"Lady Valiente, ever so beautiful." The grand lord hummed happily, smiling at the young Lady.