F O R T Y - F O U R

"How long?"

"How long?"

Victoria sat in her chamber of Winterfell, joined by Amina, and the Lord & Lady Monterroso, guarded by only her loyal Queensguard they talked about the only subjects that mattered.

Daenerys Targaryen, a distant cousin and rightful Queen was headed their way with an armada to battle for the 7 Kingdoms. And prominently, wishing an audience with the Queen of Dorne.

"She arrives within a fortnight, if we leave tomorrow we can arrive just before then to Dragonstone. I imagine, Queen Daenerys would like to see you right away." Lord Monterroso informed her.

Amina nodded, "Elaria claims she is quite delighted to meet you. I imagine that's not all she wants however."

Victoria knitted her eyebrows together, and before long she had the only logical answer, "she wants the 7 kingdoms, including Dorne."

Everyone seemed to nod, an uncomfortable silence overwhelmed them. Amina sighed deeply, "yes, and unfortunately that's not all. Targaryen blood runs deep and quite wide in the realm. There's rumblings, one of the heirs to the golden company is dead, the other is missing."

"Blackfyres? I thought they were all dead." Victoria questioned.

"No, unfortunately my Queen, this is something we call a non issue for Lords and royalty. The commoners, specifically the ones in Essos know they still live. They started a mercenary company, are vastly wealthy, and hide in the shadows. They are quite powerful, or should I say were, now that one of them is dead and the other is missing, the vultures will come for everything until there is nothing left."

The idea rolled in her mind, another Targaryen descendent? If they were now defenseless, where else to go but family?

"If he's alive..." she began.

"He may not be, Blackfyres are hard to ignore." Monterroso cut in.

"If he is... he's coming here. I'm alive, Daenerys is coming. We are both Queens, he will come seeking refuge." Eyes wandering, she reread the scroll sent from Elaria, and thoughts ran. In Winterfell, with friends she'd grown up with, they should be the family that protects her... and yet she felt guarded and worried. A silence filled her, like a decisions was made within her, she looked up and was determined for more answers. "What do you know of them."

Amina gulped, sharing a glance with Monterroso, they knew things of fears, stories worse then death. After a moment she spoke, "there was 2 of them, raised within the Blackfyre traditions, blood and gold are their family words. They control most of the assassinations in Mereen, Pentos, and all eastern landz. An uncle and a nephew, the heir and the brother of the former leader. They're called the cure and the bloodthirsty. Daemon Blackfyre is the heir, he's younger then you. From what I've heard, he is merciful compared to his uncle. Daemon was last seen running through a brothel in Braavos, accompanied by a girl about his own age. And Maegor... he is the uncle, the bloodthirsty. Maegor is cruel and vicious, he's killed more then most but the men respect him. He was in line to take the throne, and now he was assisting the newest leader."