T H I R T Y - S I X

WARNING WARNING
The following chapter you are about to read contains several TW such as abuse, violence, mentions of rape and sexual assault. I will advise when it will happen if you cannot handle it please reach out to me via direct message and I will summarize the ending. I AM SO SORRY for the shitshow I am about to put you through. Without further ado I pronounce the red wedding.

The Lady of House Valiente sat on the windowsill of her the Frey home, watching as below men and women happily enjoyed the wedding nuptials

The Lady of House Valiente sat on the windowsill of her the Frey home, watching as below men and women happily enjoyed the wedding nuptials. The bells hadn't rung yet but she'd watch people file into the great hall, the trail had lessened so she imagined it would start at any moment. Her tears had now dried, instead she aimlessly pondered her future with her child.

While she was in Dorne somewhere north a sibling would be there, taking a crown and potentially finding her child a threat.

She wondered if the child would be kind, if both would one day want to meet. If her baby would be ready for the onslaught of potential enemies it may acquire. She had so many thoughts, mostly sadness for the life she mourned and the one she would soon begin.

"Lady Valiente, I could request a bath for you to sleep, perhaps some milk of the poppy." Elaine softly cooed, she'd been keeping herself busy, setting the Lady's bed up and fluffing her pillows. She's added familiar scents to get her comfortable, and pulled out a silk sleeping gown for comfort. Her focus was to get the lady to rest, allow her some extra strength for the long journey ahead. In addition to her preparations she was dressed for the heavy ride ahead, and Lady Valientes attire was laid out ready to be used. She figured whatever was easiest to get them out would be best.

"That won't be necessary," Victoria mumbled softly, her eyes turned to her Handmaid, staring calmly at her best friend. "I think I am hungry however."

Elaine attempted not to smile, relieved she was at the very forcing some food. Her hand extended out, "come, Lord Frey sent up some of your favorites and I've saved them."

Victoria took her hand softly and allowed the handmaiden to guide her into her seat, "thank you, I'm sorry. I wish I could act as if I was not affected by this—"

"It's quite alright," the blonde responded and set her plate in front, "I imagine anyone in your position would act the same. He's quite awful, despite being so handsome."

Victoria managed to crack a smile at her joke, "you're right, men sometimes."

Elaine wiggled her nose as if disgusted, "yes, they are quite a tedious bunch."

Victoria nodded her head just a knock announced itself, she bit into the bread placed in front of her and the soft honey taste made her stomach revive.

She hummed as Elaine yelled out, "come in!"

Ser Trout came in, looking dashingly different he looked freshly washed, hair pulled back into an elegant bun at the nape of neck. His beard was trimmed at even length and for the most part he looked quite handsome. The armor he adorned was one they frequented in Dorne, except for the layers added for warmth Victoria felt almost nostalgic at seeming him in attire.