T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Her hands dirtied the clear water, blood and dirt mixed together, combined with the gloomy skies above her made for a terrible result.

Strange, she thought, the morning broke and it seemed to mourn with her.

She looked up, taking note of the river they stopped at, it was barren, untouched by man. Covered by thick green trees and only wet dirt to allow them to access the river. Near her one of the horses drank water, dark brown with white spots their newest companion had been a savior.

Elaine and her had run for quite some time after crossing the twins, and then they'd found 2 horses and a cart abandoned by its owner. She imagined the horses had ran from the bloodshed like them.

Elaine had been quick to gain their trust and off the two had gone, they'd ran for most of the night, off the trail but sticking by the kingsroad. It wasn't until dawn started to break and Victoria had felt far enough away that she agreed to rest.

"We need to talk." Elaine spoke for the first time in quite some time. Once they'd settled near the rivers edge she'd built a fire while Victoria had tended to the horses. One of them now slept under a shaded tree and the other had awoken to drink water. Victoria had stayed by the rivers edge cleaning off the dirt and dried blood that still coated her. She was in a thin nightgown, having scrubbed her clothes clean in the river now she waited for them to dry.

Elaine stood and walked over, the water had just begun to clear when she stuck her hands in and soiled. She cupped her hands and used some to dunk her face in.

Victoria watched her for a moment, slightly shivers went down her spine at the ice water but nonetheless she nodded, "yes, we do."

"You haven't said much, are you okay?" Elaine questioned, drinking some of the water.

Victoria stared down, she swallowed thickly, fighting the trembling, "I'm not quite sure, everything feels dull. In all honestly I'm hoping I stay in this state. I don't know if I could survive another heartache."

Elaine's blue eyes trailed down, "did he..."

Victoria shook her head, "no, I killed him before he got the chance. What about you?"

Elaine shook her head, "he got pretty fucking close, but he never saw the blade at his throat."

She pulled out the aforementioned dagger and began scrapping the dried blood away, "how is the child."

"Children," Victoria corrected, her dream felt close again. "Right before I woke up I had a strange dream, twins were carrying me to Robb and another child. I think that one was my first, and the two I held are with me now. Robb, he looked sad, defeated but also worried. He warned me to run, I think he may have saved me."

Elaine thought for some time, possibly contemplating what her Lady had seen and wondering if maybe Robb Stark had truly never been so selfish. She took a deep breath and nodded. "Twins, well I guess it's fitting. Any discomfort?"

Victoria shook her head, "no, thank the gods."

"Let's pray it stays that way," Elaine nodded and stood, she extended her hand and helped Victoria stand. The brunette grunted but got to her feet. They walked over to the horses and the small fire. "We need to get going, I'll take head and you stay hidden for as long as you can in the cart. If we make it near the trident we can afford to stay some days, maybe sell one of the horses and save enough for food. After that we have some decision to make."

"My Uncle Oberyn is headed to Kingslanding for Joffrey's wedding. If we get there unnoticed we may be able to get near him without the Lannisters finding out." Victoria commented, she walked over to her drying clothes.