The darkness turned against us.

Start from the beginning

Christian looked at her once more, the smile was still on his face. His eyebrow raised up in a questioning look. It was like he was silently telling her, 'do you want to tell them? or do you need me to?'

She forced a tiny smile onto her face, looked away from him, and back into the small crowd.

She could do this.

She had woken up that morning with a spirit that was far from depressed. She didn't have time for depression.

Into this company, she had walked, with all the air and grace of a powerful woman, but the moment she had stepped into the conference hall, all that seemed to crumble away. Doubts began to creep in, and in doing so, they created a little space for the depression she tried not to give her time.

Looks can be deceiving.

No one would believe that she was breaking inside as she stood before them that minute, all mighty and prideful in her dark red suede, off shoulder knee length gown, with her makeup done perfectly well.

Her little bump was visible, but that was the least of her problems.

How was she so sure that even if she told everyone here that she was going to marry Christian, he would really keep up with his end of the deal and release Logan.

He was a crazy man after all. Crazy people do unexpected crazy things.

Those eyes were still on her.. still waiting for her confirmation. Just as she was about to throw all doubts into the wind, and answer to the question, the door to the hall shot open, and all heads turned to see who had come in.

A large frown found it's way onto Emily's face as her dad calmly strode in. The crowd had begun to murmur again, flashes of cameras went on and off.

His steps were calm, unrushed, calculated, and as graceful as a tiger. His secretary, along with two of his bodyguards followed his steps closely, from behind him.

Christian was no longer smiling as she watched the old man with the same confused look everyone present in the room had.

Gerald walk up to the stage, until he stood beside his daughter.

"What are you doing here?" she mumbled with a strained voice. Christian's head popped into her face, as they both awaited his response.

"No one said i couldn't be here." he smiled, softly.

"Move aside." he said to Emily.

"Why? What kind of trouble do you want to cause now?" her frown deepened.

When he didn't reply her, she resigned and moved behind him. There was nothing worse he could do again after all. All had been done, and knowing her father, he was definitely not one to put his business in danger.

"Gerald, no one invited you." Christian mumbled, with gritted teeth.

"Your dad says hi, and by the way, he is extremely ashamed of you." Gerald turned to look at him, with another mocking smile. His words threw Christian off balance, and he frowned.

"What?"

"Silence everybody. Please!"

Those three words from Gerald sent the whole place into a peaceful slumber.

"I know you might be wondering what i am doing here, and i know you all also have hundreds of questions-" he grinned, and the crowd smiled.

"-but i assure you, all will be answered soon."

"Mr Gaines, are you no longer in support of the wedding between your daughter and Mr Dylan?" A question popped out.

Reporters. They are never patient.

Love Me In The Dark. [COMPLETED ✔✔] {BOOK ONE}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara