His knight in shining armour.

••||His knight in shining armour.||••

~^~^

"I'll let your love wash over me
You'll be my life jacket, you've come to save me
Here comes the tide
It tries to drag me under
You'll be my life jacket
Your love...
It helps me."

~Sia.

~^~^~

LOVE ME IN THE DARK.
COUNTDOWN TO THE FINAL CHAPTER.
.     💞💖          💖💘    
💞💏💏💘💞💏💏💘
💘💏💏💏💏💏💏💞
💘💏💏💏💏💏💏💞
     💘💏💏💏💏💞    
          💘💏💏💞         
               💘💞

     💞💖          💖💘     💞💏💏💘💞💏💏💘💘💏💏💏💏💏💏💞💘💏💏💏💏💏💏💞     💘💏💏💏💏💞               💘💏💏💞                         💘💞

~^~^~

It's a funny thing, you know?

Life.

He winced as blood trickled down the large crack on his head. His face was gradually getting painted in a colorful mixture of dark red, and sweat, as the gash on his head kept on oozing out blood.

A sharp terrifying pain slashed through his head, and he groaned out loud. His eyes were seeing double, not that there was much to see anyway.

He had been left in a dark room, for days now.

How many?

He tried to think.

Two? Or maybe three at the most.

Hands tied behind his back, legs clamped shut with strong barb wires that pierced through the flesh on them.

His jean was soaked, no doubt.

While his head kept on pounding, his stomach shook violently like a volcano. For the few days he had been kept in that dark basement, without his will, he had not been fed a single grain of rice, or even given stale, dry bread.

A cup of water was the only nourishment given to him. He had his occasional visitor who had only come to see him twice.

Logan could remember clearly how it had all happened that morning.

He had just woken up when he received a series of call from the people whose money he was to return. They called to thank him for paying back their money. They even sought it right to ask how he had gotten the money to pay them, but nevertheless, they were impressed and thankful.

Logan didn't need a soothe sayer to tell him who had paid his debts. He felt a bit of shame, and anger at first.

If he hadn't acted like a complete jerk and cry baby, Emily wouldn't have been prompted to do that for him. That was his problem to solve, his debt to pay, he didn't need Emily to think of him more as a failure than he already thought himself. The little pride he had left in him was bruised and wounded.

Needing to see her, he had quickly run into the shower, and by the time he was out and completely dressed, there was a knock on his door.  His first thought was that it was probably Emily, but when the door had swung open, he found himself staring at him.

Two huge men stood beside him, and a faint smile occupied his lips.

"Hello Logan."

He had said calmly, and the door had softly closed behind them.

The rest was well, history. You could see how it all ended.

The first time Christian had walked into the room, Logan just had a few minor cuts, on his lips, and forehead. But thirty minutes of being locked in that confined space with Emily ex's, and being all tied up with almost nothing he could do for himself, those little wounds had gradually developed into larger scars.

If there was one thing Logan could easily tell about Christian, it was that he was crazy.

While he rained blows heavy enough to put a crack on the earth's surface, onto Logan. He had cursed, and cursed every living thing on earth.

He cursed Logan, cursed God, cursed Emily's dad and his dad, cursed Emily, and even cursed himself.

His whole mouth tasted like copper the moment Christian had finished with him. His jaw was left swollen, along with his left eyes, and when he thought everything was over, he watched as Christian picked a large bat from the floor, and though he tried to avoid it, it was inevitable.

It had struck hard on his head.

It was like Logan could feel his head split open. He cried out in a strange and crooked voice that he would have never believed, belonged to him.

Left battered, and in agonizing pain all over, Christian had squatted next to him, and grinned.

"I promise you'll be invited to our wedding. Emily wouldn't like it if you weren't present, and i like to make my baby happy. But on the other hand, if there's no wedding, them i am sure she'd make it to your funeral. Maybe she might not. And while you die a cold miserable death, no one would even attend your burial. Because no one loves you, not even Emily. She'd see that soon. Rest well."

Logan could not rest well. He could not speak for the life of him, even if he wanted to. He felt so weak, so miserable, and the only thing that kept him going was the thought of Emily, and their child.

Was that psycho also causing trouble for her? Was she in danger? Had she noticed he had gone missing? Was she looking for him?

Was she going to be his knight in shining armour?

He chuckled, and immediately winced from the sting on his lip.

Emily, riding on a white horse, with a sword in her hands as she searched for him.. Now that was an image funny enough to keep him going, for a few more hours. He hoped.

Because he was giving up already. His eyes had gotten so used to the darkness, they were at the very verge of embracing them forever. If only he would close his eyes and accept the beckoning call.

Life you see, it's truly a funny thing.

A few months ago, he would have laughed on the thought of him getting kidnapped because of the relationship he had with a woman. In fact, he had actually laughed about it.

But then, life turned around, and breathed some of it's air onto those lame jokes. And they came alive too.

The burning tears could no longer stay hidden in his eyes, and slowly, he let them out.

Was this how it was all going to end?

With him dying here?

Just when he had only started to enjoy life and the meaning it gave him. Just when he had found a woman that brought lots of colour, and laughter to his life.

A woman that carried deep within her, their child.

And he wept.

Not for himself.

But for the future he couldn't seem to picture clearly in his aching head again.

The future that held a place for her.

His memories seemed to fade away slowly, along with the darkness.

~^~^~

Word count - 1144

Song for the chapter - Sia - Life jacket.

~^~^~

Hope you liked this chapter? ☺😅