🌑Love me in the dark.🌑☄

"Why is your apartment so empty?"

Emily asked, the moment Logan stepped in, looking so tired. A new look she had never seen on him.

Logan's eyes scanned her thoroughly. She was seated with legs crossed, on the couch in the living room, hair tied into a loose bun, light make up done on her face. Instead of his shirt which she had put on earlier in the day, she was now dressed in her former attire. The tiger print jumpsuit, with heels buckled at her feet.

Ignoring her question, he asked, "Going somewhere?"

Though he had washed up before returning back home, he still had the smell of motor oil and gasoline hovering around him. As he awaited her answer, he walked to his room while taking his shirt off.

"Yeah. Home. I'm going home."

The shuffling of feet stopped. The air got thicker with silence, apart from the sound of kids playing outside, and a few other noises.

Logan, now without his shirt, turned around and walked back into the living room. Emily's insides tingled at the sight. He looked perfect. The first button of his jean trouser was popped open, leaving to her head, all the best things to imagine. His tattoos had always entranced her.

The large black sun inked onto his chest, along with other mesmerizing drawings, dipped their way into his abs. He looked like a living art.

His damp hair, wet from sweat or maybe water, stuck to his eyes. His eyes looked so tired, giving him this lazy look.

He was the opposite of everything she needed. The complete opposite. And she strangely liked it.

"Yeah. I think it's time we ended this. We both agreed to end it whenever any party decided to." she said, avoiding his dark gaze. One more look at him, she would throw everything into the wind, and stay with this man.

"Oh- I uhmm- I see." his voice held the doubt about his own answer. No. He did not 'see'. He was as confused as ever. One minute, she's making a proposal of wanting to stay longer, and the next, she's telling him it's over. He had never liked complicated women, but this one--

"You see?" she asked with a frown.

Logan shrugged, walking away from her and back into his room. He didn't close the door behind him though, but left it wide open.

"Yeah. What do you want me to say? You said it's over, i understand." he opened his closet, and began searching for a clean and nice pair of clothes to wear.

Still seated in that position, the frown marks on Emily's face deepened. He wasn't going to try and show some resistance at her words and action.

"You're not going to ask me why i'm going?" Emily found herself asking.

"You have a wedding coming up." his reply was short and simple. Then, she heard the slam of another door, the bathroom. The sound of water rushing down from the shower  head followed next, and she exhaled loudly. She leaned deeper into the softness of the couch, and silently listened to the sound of water flowing.

Why was this proving to be harder than she had imagined? She was supposed to be satisfied and contended that he understood, and didn't try to keep her back or something. He was cool about the whole thing, and maybe that was why she was feeling this way.

Did he really just see her as only just a fuck buddy? Despite everything they had done. The sex they had earlier that morning, that wasn't just 'fucking'

She was sure he knew that too. That was the closest they had ever been.  Why was she trying to always convince herself that he didn't mean anything to her?