The deadliest drug.

How many of you think the relationship between Logan and Emily is too slow? We're twelve chapters into the book, and still, they haven't really connected. Too slow, or it's steady and normal?

At times, I just want to rush it and get to the good parts already, but I feel like it'd spoil the whole story, and I'm also trying to make it as realistic as possible. As in, not after 2 or 3 chapters, the bad boy suddenly loves and goes good for the girl, and I'll remind you all, Emily isn't a good girl.😁 So this book might not be as cliché as you think. Okay, I seem to talk a lot these days, never mind me, I just wanted your opinions.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A day had passed, and still, he had contacted Emily in no way. She was beginning to think that she had made a big mistake giving him her number, and letting him see that she wanted him too.

Occasionally, she would look over her phone, from whatever she was doing, to see if he had texted her, but all that would highlight the screen of her phone, were texts from Drew and Christian. None from Beth, who never in the past, failed to text her, reminding her of their meetings, but it seemed like the older woman had still not gotten over the embarrassing scene that had played out in her office.

Her fingers worked their way gently, on her laptop, as she emailed her father a document he had called to ask for. In a few days, they were going to be back, and in a few weeks, she was going to be married.

Marriage. Marriage. Marriage.

She cringed, the more she thought about it. Most times, she eased her mind of the thought, by telling herself that nothing was going to change. She'd still be the same old Emily Gaines, her last name wasn't going to change, she had agreed with Christian that she was going to stick with it for business purposes, and only as few people would refer to her as "Mrs Dylan." The only thing that was going to be different, was the second ring that would soon be added to the big stone on her finger. Christian had proposed to her with a diamond ring, which she almost never wore.

Whenever he'd look at her naked fingers with a pout, she'd tell him that the ring was too heavy for her wear. That, of course, wasn't entirely a lie, but most of the truth stayed with the fact that she didn't like to be reminded of the wedding.

Hitting the send button, she leaned back on her office chair, and slowly twirled it round, with her, still seated on it. Her eyes closed by her own will, as she kept the chair spunning. The cold silence embraced her being, filling her mind, and reminding her that without work, without Drew, even without Christian, she was lonely.

She had an office in her house, where she stayed to work whenever she didn't want to drive down to the office, and that was where she was at that moment.

The last text Drew had sent her, was a picture of herself and Jameson, at a beach. Both clad in swimming suits, and a never ending grin playing on the young woman's face. Emily noticed that she seemed to be glowing more, not that Drew normally didn't glow, she just looked different in a good way.

She had always been the awesome extroverted person, so easy to get along with, while Emily had been the opposite. Cold, introverted business woman, extremely hard to relate with. Most people often wondered how the two women stayed as friends all these years.

The slight buzz of her phone knocked her out of her short trance. She sat straight, stopping the chair from rotating, and grabbed her phone from the large wooden table. The buzz had been a notification text from an unknown number, and she tapped on the 'open' bar.

"Let's meet."

That was the only message it held, nothing more, nothing less. She frowned deeply at this, and right at that exact second, her phone rang. She swiped on the green button to the right, and the minutes of the call started counting.