Trust.

"Why would you want to stay at my place?"

The confusion on Logan's face was very visible and all too clear not to notice. This had got to be the most confusing thing to happen to him or any man in history!

Why would a rich, business woman like her, who was soon to be married, leave her husband - to be, her work and if possible, everything, just to come stay at his place for a few days.

"You sound like the idea alone stinks." Emily replied, grabbing off one of the plates on the counter, along with two slices of toasted bread.

Logan scowled deeply as he watched her walk directly past him, into the living room. Immediately, his own feet traced her steps, following her. She sat comfortably on one of the cream coloured couch, with the plate still held firmly in her hands.

"Okay. You said you have a proposal? What's it gonna be?" Logan, who was now standing by the wall, with arms folded across his bare chest, asked.

"Yeah. I did." Emily said, stopping, and taking her time to take a bite from the crunchy toast, before paying attention to the man who was standing a few distance away from her. A man who she knew almost nothing about, they only knew more about each other in a carnal knowledge, but still, she was about to make a proposal that would make him agree on her staying here for some days.

Why couldn't she just travel out? Or go some place in town where no one knew her? Or better still, why couldn't  she just forget that anything like last night or this morning happened?

The answer to the last question was quite simple. Emily knew that. She just could not return back to Christian and smile sweetly at him, after he had kept such a big secret from her. After he had ganged up against her, alongside her father. No. God. She'd be holding a pistol to the man's head if she were to be locked with him in the same room, and she really didn't need to be tagged as a murderer this soon.

"So.. I need a place to stay-"

"You have a house. No a mansion." Logan replied, amused. How much funnier could this woman get? He wondered. She needed a place to stay? Yeah. Right.

"Could you let me speak please?" she frowned, and Logan nodded his head slowly, while putting his hands up in defeat.

"Thank you." Emily's attention was fully placed on him now, as she spoke her next words.

"I need a place to stay, so i want to stay here."

"Huh?" Logan frowned, feeling more confused than ever. This woman was complicated.

"I can't give further details, but i just want you to know that, of course i won't be staying here for free. I'll earn my stay. I'll pay for it."

"With sex?" Logan questioned, the amusement on his face, returning with an even stronger look. He watched as a scowl appeared on her face, and suddenly, it felt like he had given a wrong answer. Had he?

"No Mr Ciàran.  With money." Her voice was curt and slightly edgy.

"Oh. Money.. I see." Logan scratched the nape of his neck awkwardly, little drops of water from his wet hair dropped onto the floor, from the action. He should have at least worn warm clothes, and dried his hair before they had whatever strange conversation they were having.

"The sex will be because we both need it." she completed her speech. Logan grinned, and Emily smiled lightly.

"I could take off my towel if you want it now." He winked at her, and though Emily could have prevented it if she had the power to, but she didn't, so she laughed. A joyous melody that seemed to do wonders to Logan.