" Be my girlfriend?"

••||"Be my girlfriend?"||••

~^~^~

"A new love is something painful
Two hearts, unstable
I went numb and ran away so I wouldn't be able to get let down,
I was high to touch the ground from the sky
A new love is somethin' fatal and I wouldn't be able
I wasn't expecting you
Like a punch that knocks the wind out
I think you're changin' everything
'Cause I'm about to let you in now"

                 ~Dagny Norvoll Sandvik - That feeling when.

~^~^~

"Drew?"

Emily pressed her phone closer to her ear, as she stepped into the elevator, with Chad behind her. He was dressed in a black and white striped suit, with a black tie hanging from his neck. He had his brown hair jelled upward, and a transparent medicated glass hugging his eyes.

His left hand occupied a black hard back folder, and on his right hand, Emily's red leather handbag, dangled from it.

Immediately they got into the elevator, he scampered forward and pressed down the close door button, seeing as there was no one else wanting to come in with them.

The frown on Emily's face deepened as Drew's sobs continued to fill the line.

"What are you saying Drew? I can't hear you clearly."

Chad stood beside her now, with eyes fixed straight ahead, staring at nothing, but the closed elevator door. Still, Emily could tell he was eaves dropping. She smirked, and shook her head softly.

"Drew, are you on your period? Does it hurt that much today?"

Chad cleared his throat awkwardly, finding interest, not on the doors this time around, but on the files on his hands. Emily chuckled at the sight of him, standing with her bag clutched onto his arms, and his fingers flipping through the pages of the file.

"No! No. Emily. No." Drew shouted back, and Emily had to pull the phone away from her ears for a few seconds. She softly poked Chad when he chuckled out.

He then stood erect, adjusted his glass on his face and resumed his stare on the door again.

"Fuck it Drew. I am so tired, so please, be clear with me on what's going on with you!"

Honestly, Emily was more than tired. She was exhausted, she was angry, almost always at nothing in particular. She had constant headaches, and her breasts, which were gradually increasing in size, felt sore.