I heard Eliza drop the dishes. Philip turned to see Eliza shacking, he ran to her.

I wasn't so well either. I felt terrible. My eyes spun around the room. The lights dimmed and the floor came very close.

"Y/N!" Philip cried as he dropped to his knees to me.

If Eliza wasn't in a shock, I thought she would say, "Pregnant." But alas, Alexander was hurt and Eliza gave both her heart to her family. And Alexander was her husband.

_______
Philip
_______

"Ange, is your carriage still out there?" I asked.

"Yes." She answered.

"Mom, Ange, Tommy, go ahead to the carriage," I told them, "I've got Y/N." I said scooping up my wife.

(If it wasn't for the little voice in my head, I would've totally forgotten about Tommy. Sorry man...)

Tommy shut the front door of Y/N and I's house. Ange held the carriage door open for us as well.

Ma sat by the window with one hand on her stomach and chewing her nails with the other.

Ange sat next to ma looking very worried. She had Tommy sitting on her lap.

I sat on the other side of the carriage. I had my wife Y/N, head laying on my lap.

I played with her hair anxiously.

Her eyes fluttered open with a start.

"What happened?" She asked as she sat up

"You fainted after Ange came in saying Pops was shot in a duel." I told her, "In other words-." Ma cut me off.

"Your pregnant." Mom said with the most smile she could muster.

Y/N's hand moved to her stomach. She smiled as she look up at me. But her smile soon faltered. Pops was dying and that was nothing to over look.

But I was exploding with emotions I was going to be a father, but my father was dying. It was somewhat ironic.

"B-but Alexander, I-is is he?" She couldn't finish she sentence.

"Not yet." Ange said.

"Mama." Tommy asked.

"Y-yes dear." Eliza stuttered.

"Is pops going to die?" He asked.

"We don't know." Ange answered for her mother. "But the doctors are doing their absolute best to save pops."

"Can we pray?" Tommy asked.

(If you have different beliefs change it to match)

"Of course Tommy." I said.

We gave thanks for Eliza's and Y/N's pregnancy and that they go smoothly and the babies are healthy. And that Alexander would survive this. 

The carriage arrived at the hospital where Pops was being cared for.

We bolted to the door. Eliza was frantically looking for anyone who knew anything on her husbands condition.

"He is in room 37." A nurse said, "But only three in the room at once."

"You all go ahead of me, I'll wait out here with Tommy." Y/N said as she sat a had on Tommy's shoulder as her other hand rested on her stomach.

Without a moment to lose, we raced to pops' room.

______
Y/N
______

Tommy and I sat in the main waiting room. I thought for some time. Alexander was dying. A man that had just come into my life that was not exiting before I ever fully knew him. He had so much ideas he wanted to persuade but sadly will never come to be.

But Tommy's voice pulled me away from my thoughts. "Y/N." Tommy said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Is Pops going to die?" He asked.

"Sometimes Tommy, the people we love have to leave us. And it really hurts, they leave a hole in our hearts that never truly heals." I said taking in a shaky breath.

"Like our family?" Tommy asked.

"Yes, just like that." I said, "But you know, it gets better. It truly does."

"Is pops dying because from me?" He asked.

"Why would you ever think such a thought?" I asked.

"Because papa died before I was born. Mama died soon after and our siblings dead right after I was born." He said.

"Tommy," I said, "Sometimes, life isn't fair. It hasn't been for you. But you must look for the sliver lining in a grey cloud. You found this amazing family that loves you so. You found me. And I thought I would never see the strapping young lad you became. You don't choose who lives and who dies. That up to a higher power." I said. By not I was on my knees in front of Tommy holding his hands.

"But most importantly. I love you." I said putting a hand on his cheek.

"No! Don't touch me! I don't want you to die too! Not with the baby!" Tommy cried.

"Tommy, I'm not dying so easily, I will be just fine. Because I have you and Philip to take very good care of the baby and I." I told Tommy.

"Y/N, I love you too." Tommy said hugging me.

Such a cute sisterly moment!!

-kit