Chapter eleven - Axel

I entered her house an hour after the girls had left. I wasted my time playing on my phone and I finally ended up falling asleep on the couch, just as usual.

The sound of rain dropping on the patio woke me, and I took a peak outside to see how bad it was. Yeah pretty messy.

I opened the door to let some wind blow into the house as I sat back on the couch and yawned. God, I hoped that fucker didn't take her to his house. I just, didn't want her to get heartbroken after one night with him. She deserved more than that.

My mind was only to her and what could she be doing at the moment as I watched the rain hit mercilessly the patio and create the chilly atmosphere inside.

Before I knew it, I dozed off again and the next thing that woke me was the sound of a door getting slammed.

I jumped from the couch and fell first face to the floor, groaning to myself. I moaned rubbing my aching nose and slowly got up.

I walked towards the hallway and saw her standing in the fetal position in front of the door, her knees bloody as she was completely covered in water. She hit her head to the door, holding her eyes closed as the traces left by mascara were more than visible on her swollen cheeks. She was soaking wet. "You're an idiot..." She whispered to herself, tears still falling from her eyes.

I walked silently towards her, gently moving a strand of her hair behind her ear. She flinched, her eyes snapping wide open. They gazed me for a long silent moment that broke my heart at how much pain they held.

"What are you doing here?" And there it was. The tough exterior she used to cover that bubble of sweetness.

I kneeled in front of her and tried to touch her cheek, but her head jerked from my touch. "Please don't touch me." She said looking away.

I didn't know what that fucker had done, but one thing was sure. I was going to cut his dick off and slide it down his throat.

My eyes softened as I looked at her. So, I decided to do something that might've given me a punch to the balls. Though, it was a risk.

I pulled her in my arms, engulfing her in a tight embrace. I curled my fingers in her hair and smoothed an arm on her back, rubbing soft circles. I snuggled my nose in the nape of her neck, settling there as I took in her perfume. Spicy and sweet lavender. Just perfect for her.

She didn't hug me right away, but after a few moments, her arms rose on my back, holding me as tight as I was holding her. She sobbed on my shoulder and I wanted to take her pain away and I knew I could do that only by talking to her, but I also knew she wasn't going to talk yet.

"Why do you all have to be jerks?" She asked pulling away. I stared at her confused, but her expression was set on anger. "First you avoid me for two weeks straight and then you act like a jerk and then this fucker asks me on this stupid date!" She threw her hands in the air, pushing me back.

That was when she jumped up, frustration obvious on her features. "I hate you all men!" She walked to her room, starting to swear in Italian on our behalf.

I was a little... dumbstruck by her outburst, but then again, she probably needed to take it out on someone. Right then, she was taking it out on the mankind. Either that, either me.