Chapter two - Venera

I yawned tiredly as I dropped the bags inside the house I was supposed to live in for the following four years of my life. I shut the door and walk around the modern designed bungalow.

Staring up and down at every detail as I walked through the small hallway and entered the living room which had a large black couch, white fluffy carpet, grey furniture and a large flat screen, I realized Dad had gone ahead of himself again.

The walls were white, colorless and the place showed no ounce of life. A pair of great glass doors separated the inside from a small patio with a black table and a few chairs. The wood used had a grey color and past the patio were meters of sand and far enough the ocean.

I covered the window with the white transparent curtains and go into the kitchen. The kitchen was just as colorless with a small place for cooking, a grey island counter and some chairs, a table in the opposite direction. The whole place smelled clean and fresh, as if it had just been taken care of.

I left the kitchen and went to the bedroom which had a great queen sized bed covered in black sheets. The furniture was grey, just like in the living room and it had a walk-in-closet. The bathroom was fully black except for the furniture, sink and bathtub which followed the color white and grey.

Mostly the house bored me, but it was a nice house, and I had a roof over my head. I couldn't complain, in the end.

I was actually gonna complain as to why Dad bought me a house and not just an apartment. It was pretty big for me.

I picked up my phone and dialed Dad's number, placing the phone at my ear. After what seemed like minutes of waiting, he finally picked up.

"Hi, sweetie! How are you? How was the flight? Did you reach there safely?" He blurted out questions with that Italian accent of his, before I even managed to make a sound.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I'm fine. The flight was tiredly boring, but it went quickly and we landed safely. Even tho, I'm curious as to why you bought me a house."

"It's an apartment," he hummed, thinking he could give me that bullshit.

"Dad, it's a house. It's a beach house." I replied seriously.

"It's a bungalow." He innocently reasoned.

I groaned sitting on the bed, looking at a painting in the wall with two people in a sexual position. "Yeah, well your bungalow has obscene paintings on the walls."

"What?" Disbelief bloomed in his voice, with only an ounce of anger.

"Yeah, it's a painting with two people having sex. I'll have to take it down."

"I didn't know about that..."

"Eh, doesn't matter. It's nice. It's big, tho and it's gonna be hard to take care of it."

"But it's your style, right?"

"Totally my style, even if it's a bit colorless. I'll add these days some colors to the walls. Thanks, Dad." I smiled, appreciating the fact he bought me a house. "Can you tell me in which house Enzo stays?"

Forgot to mention my brother studied in LA as well.

"I suppose he's a few houses away from you. I'll send you the house number."

"Sure, thanks Dad!"

"Be safe sweetie!"

"Bye, Papa!" I snickered with a shake of my head and hung up, leaving the phone as I looked around the place once more. What the place needed was a bit of color. And I would've been more than glad to take care of that.